Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?
Yes, there is no need to have an SRT brand
66.67%
No, the SRT brand helped these models stand out.
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?

So we have learned that the Dodge Viper will return as part of the decision to roll the SRT brand into the Dodge brand, and we want to know what you think about this decision. Is killing the SRT brand a good move?

Vote in the poll above and tell us why you feel this way below.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:16 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it was a good move to get rid of that redundant division. Splitting Dodge into 3 divisions, a brand that mind you has less sales than Ford or Chevrolet into smaller divisions prevents the brand from benefiting from the attributes of the rest of the models that would otherwise be a part of the brand. How was Dodge to benefit from having their halo car taken away? Just renaming the Viper with SRT did not reach any new customers. If there was a place for an SRT division it should make models that were not pre-existing (say the ME-412 concept put into production as an example). Taking the Viper and renaming it SRT while having the styling clearly being Dodge on a model that has been in Dodge for 20 years and making the way it could be equipped with plain or luxurious interior is very much Dodge's strategy. How would this establish this as some kind of premium only car when they continue to follow what a Dodge in essence is? What was to be gained by removing the Dodge or Jeep badge and replace SRT for the performance version? It enforces the idea that Dodge and Jeep are not good enough to have the performance model under their own name.

Sergio has done a lot of good things, but he needs to quit making pointless divisions (SRT & Ram) and if he wants to add one, revive Plymouth and give them the plan they are using on Chrysler and get Chrysler back to being a true premium brand.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Twmays
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SRT should be a badge on those dodge vehicles, like Ford does with the SVT (special vehicle team) and Toyota does with the TRD (Toyota racing development). Point is that it should be done under the parent brand.

In a perfect world,
Dodge = performance
Chrysler = luxury
Jeep = adventure/utility

And Ram would fall back under dodge (as it still is in most places).

Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops, I accidently voted no. I agree it was a good idea to kill that. Not sure why they took SRT into it's own division in the first place...sort of like Ram being it's own division. I never understood why they did that. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?