Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

uconnect not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect not working

Can't get it to reset following the various start car w/door closed, press both buttons at the same time for 15-20 sec, turn off car, open door 5-10 secs, close door and start car.

I don't even get the power light to come on when I start the car..it used to show an amber light if I remember correctly when the car first starts.

I followed a link on a jeep web site that said to remove the Ignition Off Draw” (IOD) fuse, not sure what that does and where it is.

Anyone know if that might help reset the system?

thanks

Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which radio do you have?

Does everything else about the radio work? (radio/sat/nav)

If it does, could it be that you or someone accidentally deleted the pairing on the phone or the radio? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but a little more info is needed.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Wile C
Professional

Thanks for the reply. I have the oem Nav System. I can't get the dern uconnect to power on. It used to flash amber (I think) when the car is started. I don't get that now. It's weird. Before I set up the system to work with my cell phone, the unit flashed the light too. I have the add on uconnect, not in the mirror. I called the local Dodge dealership, but they don't have any one who has experience with the system.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Wile C
Professional

forgot to answer your question, yes everything works...i don't have a sat service, but the nav, radio, cd changer/player work fine. I may a have busted something when I was trying to get out of the foreign language menu that I invoked by accident. I had the thing working, was making a call and got stuck in the French menu (my french is quite rusty now and they didnt' have this technology when I took french decades ago) so I kept pressing the buttons and now it's not working.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I don't have nor have I seen the add on Uconnect, so I am not to sure about the programming on that.

Let me find some material on it so I can see what it is and I will get back to you.

Well, it seems that there are a couple of different add ons that can be used and I need to know which one you have. Can you take a pic or find a pic on the web to link me to it. Also, I need you year of the car...

Last edited by KRZY.BMET; 08-06-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added more
Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Wile C
Professional

hi

It's a 2005 R/T...no idea how to attach a jpg here. I have a pic

Old 08-23-2009, 09:55 PM
fishinator
Default I have the same problem.

Mine just quit working couple of days ago. Its the factory installed no after market. I wasnt on the phone when it quit working I sure do miss it already. I cant even find out where the thing is located, is there a fuse to check? If so, where is it? The system reads "no phone active" on dash display. And voice command is set to off in personal menue and wont let you turn it on. Good luck and please let me know if you find the problem. Thanks.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:56 PM
fishinator

I also went through reset procedure with no luck....

Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Mindy Richison
Default 09 Dodge Charger R/T ---- Uconnect---

I Love my Charger!!!! But I want to know how i get the uconnect to work.. And i would love to have the navigation also.. when i push the phone button it says uconnect is not equiped... How do I get it equipped... ??

Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Sybermutt

I have a 2012 Journey and the phone buttons on the wheel and the unit are non responsive.

Quick Reply: uconnect not working