Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

over heating issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:25 AM
pigpen6232003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over heating issues

OK I need to pick brains for a min. 2001 Dodge Neon. Had water pump replaced last week as well as spark plugs. Car started over heating some times ran normal most time. Mysteriously losing water but do not see a leak. Replaced thermostat today. Car ran fine all day. overheated once tonight, then went back to normal. No white smoke. No oil in water, no green film on spark plugs.... Anyone have any clues I am at a loss

Old 06-21-2014, 10:36 PM
pigpen6232003
Default update

did find a crack in the radiator today replaced with brand new radiator. overheated again tonight....so new fuel pump, new thermostat, new radiator... any ideas anyone

Old 06-23-2014, 05:45 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional

It looks like you covered all the bases. I did help a fellow forum neon owner a while back. He could not find his over heating problem. What happened was when he had the engine flushed he said more than a gallon of rust came out of the engine.
Since the thermostat comes out easy you might want to try taking it out and see if it overheats(you will need thermostat gasket). Make sure you put it back after. Good luck

Old 07-10-2014, 08:23 PM
apollobmorelos

hello there. I am new to the forum and I don't know how to post yet. My question is about my radiator fan on my 2002 dodge Neon. is it normal that I can feel the air blowing towards the grill when I put my hand in fron of it? I am thinking I a might have some sort of polarity issue here. What do you think?

Quick Reply: over heating issues