2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air vents

Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 AM
dustin.bunton
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air vents

It all started when I got fed up with wind for an ac found the air door actuator fix blows ice cold now but now when I try to move my vents they won't go to the dash vents it goes to max ac, ac, feet, defrost and feet, and defrost just skips over dash vents completely any ideas

Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

One of your actuators not working?

Old 06-21-2014, 07:54 PM
dustin.bunton
Amateur

I'm not sure I just ordered the heater treater fix for the blend door and the other door you can see up to the right goes from closed to open when switched from floor to defrost. How many actuators are there and do you have a diagram of the vacuum hoses ?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yours is a 99, so, I don't know if your blend door has the funny little motor, or, if it is still cable operated.... a quick glance at the bottom of your heater box will tell the tale though.

For the actuators for the vents, should be the same as the 01 models, you can get the 01 service manual from here.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 AM
dustin.bunton
Amateur

It's not the blend door that operates hot to cold and it's the funny motor that is a pain in the @$$ to get off I fixed that door but it still won't switch to the front dash vents

Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Blend door controls outlet air temp. ALL air passes thru a/c evap core. Blend door just decides how much goes thru the heater core.

The rest of your vents are vacuum actuated. Check out the factory service manual, see which actuator does what, and then have a look at the one that is responsible for the dash vents.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:50 PM
dustin.bunton
Amateur

Found the problem I thought it was a vacuum leak in my yellow vacuum line so I switched the red from the floor actuator to the panel actuator and low an behold nothing but I found if I move the actuator the vacuum pressed will hold it there with a slight hiss from the actuator and the yellow line did operate the floor actuator so now the problem is where do I find a panel actuator I have looked all over google auto-zone o'reillys and lmc with no luck

Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM
djbucky3
Captain

Try 1aauto.com or rockauto.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air vents