3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011-'14 Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalled for Fire Risk

Old 07-13-2014, 05:24 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011-'14 Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalled for Fire Risk

FYI - Recall regarding vanity mirror lights: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2011...fire-risk.html

My dealer claims they can't get parts for the brake recall... maybe they'll figure out a way to eventually do both at once.

Steve

Old 07-13-2014, 11:26 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is a preventive recall. Fortunately you need not really worry unless your headliner or visor have been worked on, and that's not a common problem type.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:21 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRRF
Well this is a preventive recall. Fortunately you need not really worry unless your headliner or visor have been worked on, and that's not a common problem type.

Don't know about preventative. Says there were 3 incidents leading to injury. But as far as the cause, yes it appears that it's because of a bad service bulletin being followed in response to a common consumer complaint, leading to bad repairs. As far as the #s, I have to think that number is the amount of vehicles that have had the mirrors, lights, etc. worked on given the nature of the recall. My guess is that Chrysler went into the service records and found how many have had headliner, vanity mirror, and/or light service performed by following (or possibly following) that service bulletin and came up with that number for the recall.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Auggie360
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler recall number is P36 so if you call a dealer mention that recall number.

Auggie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011-'14 Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalled for Fire Risk