4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

looking to trade in...but

Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Nick Ladd
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to trade in...but

so as the title says im looking to trade in my truck for an 06-09 cummins, however looking at kbb it says a fair trade in is 22.8k, now i have a hard time believing that my 2 year old truck with 19k miles has dropped in value by almost 16k, anybody shed some light on this or is kbb's price what i should be expecting as an offer from the dealers

Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dealer will low ball you, they never offer KBB trade in unless they make it up on the vehicle you are buying. When you say that it dropped in value by $16k, you must be talking MSRP and nobody pays MSRP on these Rams.

Try to sell it private party for a better deal.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Nick Ladd
Rookie

correcto but im very surprised to see how much the value has dropped over 2 years, the sucky part is the bank still owns it for a couple more years, gonna go to the dealer to fight for every dollar i can get for it, but if they cant give me enough looks like ill be getting a few more years of enjoyment out of it

Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 PM
rick4dak
Veteran

Ram/Dodge trucks don't hold their value very well. I don't know why. But that $22.8k that you say is KBB on your truck is what I paid from a used car dealer for my 2012 1500 ST. Now my truck doesn't have many options but it's less than 2 years old and has about 8,500 miles on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking to trade in...but