3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Inconveniences after 54k

Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconveniences after 54k

I have had my 2011 Citadel since Mar. 2011 and to this point it has been the 2nd most reliable vehicle I have owned. 2nd only to my 2008 Charger R/T that I got in December of 2007. I say it is 2nd because all of the electrical googaws that just didn't 'matter' in 2007. Each year brings more bells and whistles and eventually we won't even need licenses to 'operate' a car.

With those conveniences come the inconveniences when things don't work right.

My DD is going into the dealer this week to hopefully address some of these things that have been adding up, but just didn't matter enough to leave with the dealer.
  1. Brake Booster Recall
  2. Didn't care much about the recall, but now I lose all residual brake vacuum after the car sits overnight, making for a hard pedal. Related?
  3. The now common sunglass washer AKA mystery leak when on decline in heavy rain.
  4. Rear liftgate gasket is too tight and the resistance causes the door to auto-reverse when trying to open; after the 2nd try it locks out and only pulling the fuse resets it.
  5. After previously telling the dealer about the liftgate (they couldn't replicate), but now my liftgate lock/unlock button doesn't work. Coincidence?
  6. And soon to be on this list is the new vanity mirror HOT lighting

I still love my DD and I have a MaxCare warranty on it since I knew the genius electronics and computers would need re-training every now and again.

Just thought it was time to offer up my experiences after 3 years of ownership.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coldsteel
. . . . And soon to be on this list is the new vanity mirror HOT lighting

I thought the vanity light problem recall was only for those units that have had previous problems with the vanity lights.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Thanks ColdSteel. It's great to get feedback and the warranty looks as though it will pay you back.I'm at a year and a half with only one glitch."one time no-start". Good luck at the dealer

Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Had my 2 year 60K Km check today. Had the Brake recall fixed and had to tell them that there was a recall on the dash rattle, which they fixed. Love the vehicle, but still totally pissed at the Chrysler GPS which is a safety hazard, and dealer said the only fix is to trade the vehicle in for one with a Garmen GPS

Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 PM
NY-Durango
Rookie

I had a similar leak in my Chrysler 300 and the dealer corrected the problem by cleaning out the drains for the sunroof. Car was brand new and water would come out of sun glass holder on ceiling.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hfx_cdn
Had my 2 year 60K Km check today. Had the Brake recall fixed and had to tell them that there was a recall on the dash rattle, which they fixed. Love the vehicle, but still totally pissed at the Chrysler GPS which is a safety hazard, and dealer said the only fix is to trade the vehicle in for one with a Garmen GPS
hfx_cdn,

I'm pleased to hear how much you're enjoying your Durango and I'm glad your dealer was able to take care of your brake and dashboard rattle concerns.

In regards to your GPS, is there a particular issue or feature that isn't functioning correctly?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Each year brings more bells and whistles and eventually we won't even need licenses to 'operate' a car.
Or, alternatively, we'll all need more training to operate a car. The training may approach that of airplane pilots.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
I thought the vanity light problem recall was only for those units that have had previous problems with the vanity lights.
This is correct. Only if you've had previous work done on the vanity lights or have had the headliner removed.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

I just brought my D in for the booster recall and the dealer performed 2 PCM software upgrades. The D feels awesome, part throttle response and transmission shifting is much better than it was.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
hfx_cdn,

I'm pleased to hear how much you're enjoying your Durango and I'm glad your dealer was able to take care of your brake and dashboard rattle concerns.

In regards to your GPS, is there a particular issue or feature that isn't functioning correctly?
If you look at a string started by me last year, I went into great detail with regard to the GPS. It is an accident waiting to happen, the voice input drops me before completing instructions, it has no intuitive recognition similar to the $100 stand alone 7 year old Garmen I use in our Liberty, we cannot have the co-pilot override the movement lockout, and on it goes. Another pet peeve raised in a separate string is the functioning of the automatic high beams, well we don't do a lot of night highway driving anymore, but yesterday we went to a function about 125 kms away and we drove home after dark. I had to switch the lights from automatic to headlights so that I could access the high beams, they just would not come on, even while we were driving the first 15 kms through back roads where there were no oncoming vehicles and only a few rare houses.
For what It is worth, I have on 2 separate occasions brought this under email correspondence through the Chrysler contact us system, and their answer basically said contact the dealer to see if there are updates, and there are none!
On the positive side, that annoying rattle seems to be gone.

Last edited by hfx_cdn; 07-17-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: add a sentence

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inconveniences after 54k