Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Headlight and Tail light bulb replacement - How To???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
nasttcar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight and Tail light bulb replacement - How To???

I need to help a single mom replace the headlight bulb and a tail light on her 97 Caravan. It is 2F outside and I don't need to be screwing around trying to figure this out.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:58 PM
MotoMinx
Default RE: Headlight and Tail light bulb replacement - How To???

Sorry, no advice for you, but we just got done replacing the front bulb on our Dodge Durango. Whose freaking idea was it to make you remove three bolts from impossible places and remove the entire headlight assembly to replace a stupid bulb, something the average driver will need to do at least once a year? I used to be able to replace the headlight bulb on my VW Jetta in ten minutes, and that included buying the bulb!!

Aaaaargh!! It's fifteen degrees out and we were out there for half and hour messing with this!! [:@]

Sorry . . . I just needed to vent a little. [&o]

If your friend has the small owner's manual, check there. The instructions may not be detailed, but they may help. Best of luck to you and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:51 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Headlight and Tail light bulb replacement - How To???

The headlamp bulb is easy to replace on the van, just open the hood and remove the black retainer and disconnect the bulb. The drivers' side is a little bit trickier because the battery is close to the back of the headlamp assembly. The rear taillamps are held in with two phillips head screws accessed from the tailgate opening (need to have that open) Remove the taillamp assembly and twist the appropriate bulb socket out of the back of the taillamp and replace the bulb. I believe the fronts are 9007 bulbs and the taillamps are 3057 bulbs

Quick Reply: Headlight and Tail light bulb replacement - How To???