3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'03 diesel idle problem.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Shadow Caster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 diesel idle problem.

I have an '03 2500 reg cab 4x4. I have 32,000 miles on it and I changed the oil and oil filter and the fuel filter and now I am haveing an idle problem. The truck runs ok when you are going down the road but sometimes while idiling it shuts off. This is an intermittent problem. It starts ok everytime and runs ok. This problem will occur out of the blue. There is no rhyme or reason why it does it and there is nothing I can do to make it do it. It started after I changed the fuel filter. I went from a hastings brand to a napa brand. I took it to a Dodge garage and they said that the lift pump had been redesigned and they moved it from the frame and put it in the tank. That did not help. They don't know what is wrong with it. It has done it right after a fresh start up and after I have drove it down the road 50 miles. I have checked the o-ring to make sure it is ok and not sucking air. It is ok. Help please...

Old 02-18-2006, 11:27 AM
dpfolie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '03 diesel idle problem.

I'd check the Forum dedicated to the CTD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '03 diesel idle problem.