A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
herkguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK got, thanks.
Looking forward to your finished product.
will you have a brief desciption of the shifts with it?
I'm looking for a slightly more aggressive than stock pattern, and especially a quicker downshift from overdrive to fourth under light pedal(on hills at 55-60 mph)

Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
rengnath
Champion

I will gladly do that for you, herkguy. I want to get the ball moving on this for everyone so we can start sharing schedules. Ill be posting another part of the webpage tonight that will show you what parts of the stock schedule you want to correct, and how to do so.

If anyone would like, take the blank schedule spreadsheet found on my website and fill in ALL of YOUR TP%s and stock shift points. (You will need the trans program to find these) I can then start putting together some starter schedules for different years for you guys to tweak them to your liking. Dont worry about the graphs if they dont work right as I can fix those. If you would be kind enough to do this, PM me for my email address and send the attached spreadsheet including:
Year - (05/06/07)
Model - (Quad/Club Cab)
Engine - (4.7l Non HO/4.7l HO)
Diff Gearing and Drivetrain - (3.55/3.92 and 4x4/4x2)
The reasoning for all the details is the TP%s and shift points may very depending on those things. Thanks guys.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
herkguy
Veteran

Help, How do I change the TP%? I am able to change the mph but cant figure out how to select the TP%

Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
rengnath
Champion

You cant change the TP%'s, they are default values.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
herkguy
Veteran

UGGGGG...I wanted to make it more customized for some of the shifts, that makes it a bit more difficult. Good to know though because I was trying everything to access the TP% schedule..lol

Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
rengnath
Champion

I have an aggressive schedule put together, just waiting to test it out now before I post it up. Sorry about the delay, I went mudding and had some other issues I needed to take care of.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

from a ram owner i look at these as i was excited to get these updates i have yet to put them in as i have gear issues which will be resolved in a matter of less than 2 weeks and would like to get on this but im gonna be honest it looks like absolute chinese to me...it confuzzles me can somebody pardon the pun dummy it down....im not stupid but im just scared ill eff something up....

Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
rengnath
Champion

The tune is safe IF you use the excel charts. Stay away from crossing lines and stacking shifts. Worst case senario, if you avoid crossing lines (the tuner wont allow you to stack shifts) your truck just wont upshift/downshift in a desireable spot. Nothing will get ruined, you will just need to retune.

I recommend reading everything on that webpage in the first post. Then, take the tuner and a notebook out to your truck, and record all of the TP% values and stock MPH shift points. Put all that in to the blank spreadsheet provided on the link on that website, and then try and straighten those lines out by changing the MPH values.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 PM
sleds
Veteran

Hey, rengnath. I ordered my trany tune from Supechips but I only have Superchips and Stock as the options. No User, do you know anything about this? Thanks.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 AM
rengnath
Champion

Youve paid the $40 for the upgrade and the tuner was updated after? If you still arent seeing it, youll have to call SC tech support for that as that sounds like an error in the system, not user error.

Quick Reply: A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota