A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
sleds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
Youve paid the $40 for the upgrade and the tuner was updated after? If you still arent seeing it, youll have to call SC tech support for that as that sounds like an error in the system, not user error.
Yes, I will try to update the programmer one more time and if it is still not there then I will have to put a bug in there ear. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

man i want one of these things so bad but i'm afraid to pull the trigger cause this looks so hard to do....lol

Old 08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
man i want one of these things so bad but i'm afraid to pull the trigger cause this looks so hard to do....lol
You dont have to run the trans add-on... You can buy the tunner and run the superchips trans schedule. Its still better than the stock settings

Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM
rengnath
Champion

Im back on Superchips schedule, works best for me. I only like the trans option for the ablity to remove some torque managment, which I think would be worth the $40. I didnt pay for mine though.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:16 PM
LB
Veteran

Originally Posted by sleds
Hey, rengnath. I ordered my trany tune from Supechips but I only have Superchips and Stock as the options. No User, do you know anything about this? Thanks.
I downloaded it when it was free, when I connect my tunder for update to SC and select Veh #1 it shows the trans option purchased, but when I plug it into the truck I have no idea how to access it, I do not see the option!

Not sure if SC will help or not because it was free.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
LB

Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
rengnath
Champion

You have to use the "Advanced tune option" .... not the "quick tune"

Choose your performace level. After that, you should see everything including rev limiter, tire size, gear ratio, speed limiter, shift shedule and torque managment.

You can call superchips regardless of what you paid. They back there product and they will probably never even look to see if you got it for free or not.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 AM
nicholas9393
Professional

i got my sc a week or so ago and have it set on the 91 performance tune right now. i am already really impressed by the much better shifts so i havnt paid the extra 40 bucks yet. i might do the custom schedual at some point, but does just changing the TM make an even bigger difference than im already seeing?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:27 PM
rengnath
Champion

For sure! With just the Superchips tune, the torque managment is very high at WOT. If you bring that TM down to ~10%, your neck will feel it. You can also bring down the TM for every shift point, which will give you a crisper shift instead of still being somewhat sloppy.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
nicholas9393
Professional

well you convinced me im paying the 40 bucks right now. on a side note, is it ok to up the rev limiter and the 1-2, 3-4 rpm values? because i kinda already messed with them and forgot where they were lol

Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
rengnath
Champion

Superchips needs to start paying me some commission. Lol, jk.

I upped my rev limiter to 6100k RPM at first. I recently read that 6k was max, so I dont know how safe it is. Now I keep it limited at 5900k RPM.

The 1-2 shift and 2-3 RPM values are up to you. For my preference, I dont up the shift point for the 1-2 shift up too much, I think its around 5700RPM. For the 2-3 shift though, I upped that one up all the way that the tuner would let me. The reasoning for that is because 3rd gear sucks for accelerating, so I like dragging out 2nd gear as much as possible so I dont get bogged down when I hit 3rd. Now, when running the truck I hit 85MPH and it will shift in to 3rd, and it will pull a little better. It used to shift in to 3rd around 80MPH, and by changing it that little bit it does help. Anything is better than stock. Trying to top the truck out when it was stock, after 95MPH I started running out of road.

Now I get it up to 115 before I give up. It doesnt have too much after 100MPH. Trust me, you wont need to up your speed limiter too much unless you have miles of open road. Lol. I still need to find a nice stretch where I can open it up to see just how far I can take it.

Quick Reply: A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota