Completed Intake DYI pics step by step...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Buckmaster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completed Intake DYI pics step by step...

Stock 4.7 engine compartment with stock Air box....

DSCN2493.jpg

Everything from the stock air intake system removed...

DSCN2494.jpg

Valve cover breather installed.... Thanks Dodgetrucker75
DSCN2495.jpg

I used a 3" to 3" Rubber coupler, also reffered to as a Fernco from the Throttle body to a 3" 90* Street Elbow

DSCN2496.jpg

Then I measured and cut a 9" piece of ABS Plastic.... and Let me stop here and say, I bought 10 FEET of this crap because it was all they could sell, and I did not want to use PVC because of the mixed reviews... So Anybody wanting to make there own hit me up with a pm and I can hook you up.

DSCN2497.jpg

I then secured the filter to a 3" 45* Street and started playing with how I wanted it all to fit.

DSCN2498.jpg

Then I took it all off, drill a 1/2" hole in the Fernco for the IAT sensor, I had to work it out a little, I think 5/8" would have been perfect but 1/2" was the largest bit I had.

I secured the sensor to the fernco using some RTV.

DSCN2500.jpg

Then Glue all of your pieces together making certain they fit how you want and your done... I'm waiting for everything to set up as I type this thread before I turn her loose.

DSCN2501.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys, I enjoyed this way more than buying one ready to bolt on. Thanks again, maybe this one will help someone else.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great DIY. It is featured as today's Tech Thread Spotlight! Thanks to Buckmaster for doing this write up!

Quick Reply: Completed Intake DYI pics step by step...