3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Pepboys Tire I found

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
coondog05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pepboys Tire I found

i have the 285/75/16 M/T,s on my dak i love them and the price 127.00 each but you get one free after mail in rebate and yes their made by cooper hope this helps, todd

Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 PM
coondog05
Veteran

heres a pic

Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 PM
texasbluedak

Thanks again for all your inputs. I think I will go ahead and go with the A/T's. Coondog, your truck looks really good. If you have some more pics of your truck I would love to see them. I keep going to everyones domain and looking at there pics, it gives some great ideas that I wouldn't thought of otherwise. Also, is yours a 4X4 or 2WD? Did you have any rubbing issues at all? I agree about paying "extra" for the name. I have been looking at Pro Comp, Mickey Thompson, and others and I just couldn't justify spending an extra $60-100 for each tire just because of the name. If I was going to be doing some serious off-roading, then yes. If any of the other guys (or gals) are making their trucks into trail or off-road rigs I would love to see more pics. I think there are quiet a few going in that direction. Thanks again guys!!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

ORIGINAL: Dak_in_Black

ORIGINAL: niftyguy239

BTW, that saying "you get what you pay for", yeah you do if you wouldn't mind paying an extra 50-90 bucks just becuase of a name..........
Yeah, there are a lot of products out there that you pay quite a sum of money for just to have a 'name'. Lots of weekend warriors buy HD for the 'image', I guess paying 16K for 100 year old technology that barely makes 50 hp makes you cool [sm=dontgetit.gif]
And they think they are soooo bad!![8D] My lil 400 Supermoto will smoke them in almost everything....But don't tell them, their feelings get hurt really easily

Ohhh look at me I can make alot of noise and not go fast....and my bike vibrates to high hell.

Did you hear that buell is no longer going to put the 1200 pushrod V-Twin in the Firebolt anymore. Now since Aprilla is making their own engines HD is putting a Rotax (think thats what its called) engine. I believe its called the 1145 or something

Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 PM
coondog05
Veteran

heres a few pics, i have a 3" body and 2
" lift blocks in rear the 285/75/16s are the same as 33"s you couldnt go that big running stok heights but you could go265/75/rim size hope this helps , Todd

Old 07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Cuban11182

Did you hear that buell is no longer going to put the 1200 pushrod V-Twin in the Firebolt anymore. Now since Aprilla is making their own engines HD is putting a Rotax (think thats what its called) engine. I believe its called the 1145 or something
Interesting.

I did some looking and the ROTAX is a subsidary of Bombardier. Funny the Buell site makes no mention of this while it is front page on the Rotax site. After some digging around, the bike is the 1125R (apparently a new model) and in the small print it states the 'design was completed in partnership with BRP-Rotax'.

Anyway, if I were going for a sportbike, I kinda like the RC51 myself...

Old 07-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dak_in_Black

ORIGINAL: Cuban11182

Interesting.

I did some looking and the ROTAX is a subsidary of Bombardier. Funny the Buell site makes no mention of this while it is front page on the Rotax site. After some digging around, the bike is the 1125R (apparently a new model) and in the small print it states the 'design was completed in partnership with BRP-Rotax'.

Anyway, if I were going for a sportbike, I kinda like the RC51 myself...
Being a huge fan of snowmobiling and Ski-Doo in particular (Bombardier) I would love to give that bike a try. Rotax makes some killer engines.

As for HD being more for a name, perhaps, but Harley is an American tradition and part of this country's heritage thus they can get away for charging more. If I wanted that style of bike it would have to be a Harley, anything else just feels like a rip off to me, sport bike on the other hand, it's wide open. Although Cuban I hate to say it but there is no way your supermoto will smoke most of the harleys around here, they're faster than you think...

Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Altair

As for HD being more for a name, perhaps, but Harley is an American tradition and part of this country's heritage thus they can get away for charging more. If I wanted that style of bike it would have to be a Harley, anything else just feels like a rip off to me, sport bike on the other hand, it's wide open. Although Cuban I hate to say it but there is no way your supermoto will smoke most of the harleys around here, they're faster than you think...
I would have to agree with Altair the 440 only puts out 34 hp and 25.6 ft-lbs of torque while the new fat boy puts out 65 hp and 85 ft-lbs of torque. Being lighter the 440 is gonna probably gonna get up and go faster, but not for long...

As far as hd 'charging more' because of 'hertiage' is a bag of crap. Don't get me wrong, they sell nice looking bikes, but please, technologically they are so behind the curve (you can only do so much with a pushrod). Who wants a rattling bucket of bolts? (apparently someone does or they would have gone under a while ago). The one time they tried to make something with other than 100 year old tech, it was, and still is, not very popular (the v-rod with an engine designed by poshe BTW). And all that BS about "american made", is just that.100% of the bike is not 'american made' so they can unwrap the flag from themselves..

They, along with GM, Ford, Chrysler, **** and moan about how they need to be 'protected' through trade barriers and quotas but they continue to make the same crappy product. While Honda, Toyota, Nissan and others continue to provide a higher quality product that consumers want and are willing to pay for.

Ride what you want, buy what you want so long as it makes you happy. One man's crap is another man's treasure....

Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, I think the american companies get a bit of a bad rap when it comes to quality. I've gone through a good bit of vehicles since I got my license, foreign and american and honestly the most reliable vehicles I've had are the american made trucks, not to mention they feel more solid than anything else I've driven. My last car was an Acura (basically Honda) Integra that I had for almost 1 1/2 years and I think I put more $$$ worth of repairs into that thing than all my other vehicles combined.

Quick Reply: Pepboys Tire I found