3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So that's what my blue truck would look like with those LED tails.. I might have to save up..

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM
dimesismoneytoo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I see those fender flares I want them even more.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
AutoAnything
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kjpark
ya the window is a big perforated vinyl sheet. I've seen the spray paints but haven't seen much people with it, plus im not sure how good it would look if i did it lol, but i am hoping to do the side of my trucks with some of that spray later on hopefully

awesome work! where did you get those tail lights? can't tell from the angle, but thats the first time ive seen them

yea, truck looks great and very unique which I like! Always a cool thread too

Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 AM
shiby3041
Amateur

Originally Posted by FrenicX
So that's what my blue truck would look like with those LED tails.. I might have to save up..
They look awesome, you'd love them.. I did the plasti dip on the tailgate just before the install. I kinda wish I would have at least got a pic with out the tailgate balcked out. I might pull it off for a little while. Still dont know if im fully into this look.

And you still got me on that roll pan man, that thing looks sick. But we talked about the tow hitch. I dont want it to look funny hangin out there with a roll pan.

Originally Posted by dimesismoneytoo
Every time I see those fender flares I want them even more.
Thanks, I like them however with the 33"s I do rub front and rear. I still have to trim them up. Honestly the only thing I dont like about them. Is the size I believe takes away from the size of the tire. To me the tires and lift looked much bigger with out them. Maybe its just me.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM
durb12

where did you get the slt rear panel decal? it looks great on the truck

Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 AM
VPad54
Veteran

what's up guys, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post so bear with me. I bought a 2005 Dakota a few months ago and i love it so far. Its pretty stock as of now but i have a lot of plans for it. It does have a K&N intake and a Heartthrob dual exhaust on it. Inside its got a pioneer head unit. The rims are the stock one but i painted them black, they aren't perfect but they will do until i can afford some new rims and tires. Next up are some new tail and headlights and a new grill, enjoy.

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1342.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

Old 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VPad54
what's up guys, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post so bear with me. I bought a 2005 Dakota a few months ago and i love it so far. Its pretty stock as of now but i have a lot of plans for it. It does have a K&N intake and a Heartthrob dual exhaust on it. Inside its got a pioneer head unit. The rims are the stock one but i painted them black, they aren't perfect but they will do until i can afford some new rims and tires. Next up are some new tail and headlights and a new grill, enjoy.

Love the red, and looks good.
Not to many tails out there, there is a Stock looking set with LEDs I think those would be great.
For headlights, Id say get OEM Night Runner black ones, or if your getting HID the projector Style ones.
Same goes for Grilles, Youd be better to Color Match yours and do the "gutter guard" mod. The only aftermarket grille is a Bentley style one that a fair amount of people had the paint chip, like me.

Personally I would Color Match your grille, or Black, get Night Runner (black) headlights, and Paint the gray plastic on the bumper black aswell. Then get either Solid black rims, or ones with chrome accents to match the chrome rear bumper some.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM
VPad54
Veteran

Thanks for the reply. The tails i'm looking at are made by IPCW, they are LEDs so i think they're the same ones you were talking about. For head lights i was thinking of the OEM ones too. I like the look of the stock headlights but being black would match my truck a lot better. The grill is the only thing that i'm still pretty clueless on lol i would prefer it to be black but i have no idea what manufactures to look at so ill have to research that a bit more. thanks for the input

Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker

Nice truck and welcome to DF, sir!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 PM
rebel4055
Veteran

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread