3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Pops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmissions

i am shopping for my first dodge truck. i have had great experiences using govt owned dodges, very rugged very reliable. all the ford & chevy guys harp on the transmissions but we haven't had a problem yet w/ the minivan. so honestly honestly how does the reality stack up to the reputation?

Old 03-04-2005, 12:21 AM
robscar
Default RE: transmissions

hi pops, i am also thinking of a new dodge truck and would like the same info. a little help over here!

Old 03-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Dodge Dude

I had some trouble with my trany lately, here is a thread I started that may interest you https://dodgeforum.com/m_157144/tm.htm

Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

Ya know,IM in the same boat too Pop's,IM in the market for a new one as well.The wife & I have a 2000 Dodge Mini Van w/ a 3.8L & 77K on it.It's been very good to us.As of now I have a 96 Chevy S-10 w/ 147,000 Modified & IM ready to cut the cord & buy a Dak 3rd Gen,I posted a thread in reguards to peoples personal experiance's with there's and please reply & tell me what there oppinions are towards them,well I got 14 hits but no reply's.
I dunno what the hell to think about the new one's.
Either no one want's to talk or people just don't want to share.

It's kinda funny............I belong 2 8 other web sites & I notice that this one & the Hummer web sites are kinda slow,as in moving.I think people join for the heck of it & really don't do much talking &7 sharing.
It kinda sux..............these sites are here for learning & sharing info so people can better their Rides and have some fun.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Niteguy

I bought my first Dodge truck in Jan, A 05 Dakota 4X4 Quad cab. I love it, I have only had it for almost two months now and dont for see any problems. It works great in the snow!! and will take it out mudding in a couple of months.

Quick Reply: transmissions