feel free to throw this in 3rd gen dak faqs as well emery, so i don't have to copy/paste all this crap again
1. Before proceeding with the following repair procedure, review all warnings and cautions.
2. Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable.
3. Remove the floor console (7).
4. Remove the driver side door sill trim cover (1).
5. Remove the steering column opening cover (2).
6. Position the front wheels straight ahead.
7. Remove the steering column tilt lever ****.
8. Remove the column shrouds (1& 2).
9. Disconnect the brake switch electrical connector (1).
10. Disconnect the wiring harness to the column (1, 2 & 3).
11. Remove the shift cable (2) from the column shift lever actuator (1).
12. Release the shift cable from the column bracket and remove it from the bracket.
13. Remove the SKIM module in order to disconnect the electrical connector.
14. Remove the upper steering shaft coupler bolt (2) from the column (1).
15. Separate the shaft from the coupler (7).
16. Remove the four steering column mounting nuts (4).
17. Remove the steering column assembly (3) from the vehicle.
18. Remove the bolts (2) from the pedal support (1).
19. Remove the defroster grille (1).
20. Remove the five upper fence line bolts (1).
21. Disconnect the HVAC electrical connector.
22. Loosen the screws (2 & 3) and disconnect the electrical connectors (1, 2 & 3).
23. Remove the bolt (2) and the ground (1) from the left a-pillar.
24. Disconnect the ABS module electrical connectors (1).
25. Separate the center wire harness from the center support.
26. Remove the two center support bolts (3).
27. Remove the two left support bolts (2).
28. Remove the passenger door sill trim cover (1).
29. Remove the passenger side end cap.Drivers side shown, passenger side similar.
30. Disconnect the antenna cable.
31. Remove the bolt (1) and nut (4) and disconnect the grounds (2 & 3).
32. Disconnect the antenna amplifier connector, if equipped.
33. Remove the right side support bolts (2) and with the help of another person, remove the instrument panel assembly from the vehicle.