Originally Posted by huttler
Does anyone know how to diable the auto lock feature? I did a search, but what I found doesn't work (turn ignition on/off 4 times, push the drivers side lock button within 30 sec).
This info was taken from the 2006 Owners Manual, page 17 and it is still the same for the 2008/2009 page 30. It does work....
Automatic Door Locks
If this feature is enabled, your door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h).
This feature is enabled when your vehicle is shipped from the assembly plant and can be disabled by using the following procedure:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure).
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the LOCK position to the ON position and back to LOCK position a minimum of four times; ending in the LOCK position (do not start the engine)
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the LOCK direction.
6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.
7. To re-activate this feature, repeat the above steps.
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the above procedure.