3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Vibration and Heating&Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Chad05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration and Heating&Cooling

I got 2 issues with my 05 Dakota Laramie. So I had my U-Joints replaced and there's still a vibration. Its happens between 35-45, I know are trucks have the Mid Shift Bearing and I have been told it could be that, but I was trying to get other opinion's before I assume it's that, the Stealership checked it over again and checked the tires and said that's not it and then tried to tell me that it cause I need a tune up haha very funny. Has anybody replaced that bearing and if so how much was the damage. Or what do you guys think could it be something else.
Is there a back order on heating and cooling part's. What I am talking about is the harness that connects to the blower motor resistor, I guess there's huge back order on this issue and Dodge knows about it but won't make it a recall.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad05
I got 2 issues with my 05 Dakota Laramie. So I had my U-Joints replaced and there's still a vibration. Its happens between 35-45.
is it vibrating while just cruising or when you are accelerating or braking?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Think me and you have the same problem. Mine does it at the same speed, light/heavy/no throttle. All I can say is I've been to the dealer 3 times with no luck. They want me to leave it for a week, which I'll do one of these days when need of a vehicle or money isn't an issue.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 PM
jnjinfla
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to take a look at this thread from the gen1 section. Allot of the information applies to our gen3.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1947777-post6.html

Quick Reply: Vibration and Heating&Cooling