3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

doors won't unlock when put into park

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM
yttaf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doors won't unlock when put into park

I've tried the procedure in the owners manual to set it so the doors unlock when put into park, but they just won't unlock. They will lock upon going 15mph though...

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM
popsnbeer
Captain

I don't think our trucks do that. I think I changed the setting on my dak to unlock all of the doors when the truck turns off, but it wont do it changing from Drive to Park (though I wish it did).

Old 07-31-2010, 08:02 AM
brosh187
Rookie

That feature's weird. What's it actually supposed to do? Sometimes mine will lock just after I leave the driveway, other times I can get 4 or 5 miles away and they'll finally lock. Does it sense a "stop and go" situation and recognize it's city driving, and lock you in for safety? Or am I just making it all up in my head?

Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 AM
dakotajerry
Veteran

Originally Posted by brosh187
That feature's weird. What's it actually supposed to do? Sometimes mine will lock just after I leave the driveway, other times I can get 4 or 5 miles away and they'll finally lock. Does it sense a "stop and go" situation and recognize it's city driving, and lock you in for safety? Or am I just making it all up in my head?
I think they lock when you reach 15 mph

Old 07-31-2010, 10:22 AM
rengnath
Champion

Mine lock at 15mph. When I open the drivers door, sometimes all the doors will unlock, sometimes they wont. And other times Ill come back to my truck after leaving the doors unlocked with the keys in the ignition and my doors will be locked. Im not sure how it works, but I definetly like that it locks at 15mph. I wish they locked when I put it in drive. Its a nice feature because you never know what creeps could come up to your truck while at a light or something.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 PM
yttaf

all my doors lock once I hit 15mph, but I manually have to unlock the rear doors even after shutting the truck off! And why did they make it so you can open the front doors even if they are locked?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

anyone tried to put an aftermarket alarm/remote system on a truck equipped with the factory anti-theft/ keyless entry system? Is that even possible? Some of the Viper systems allow you to program all that stuff so you can make it like you want it. I'd like to out a remote start on mine, but don't know if I can due to the factory system...

Old 07-31-2010, 04:01 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

mine locks the doors at 15mph and when i stop and shut off the truck, i open the driver side door and all the lock open, also when i use the key fob to open the locks it'll open all doors...

Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
mine locks the doors at 15mph and when i stop and shut off the truck, i open the driver side door and all the lock open, also when i use the key fob to open the locks it'll open all doors...
Same here, I reprogrammed it to do so. I hated hitting the button twice or getting out of the truck and needing something out of the passenger side and realizing it was still locked after I was already on that side...

Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 AM
brosh187
Rookie

How do you program it to do that?

Quick Reply: doors won't unlock when put into park