3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Engine Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Remark
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Engine Oil Cooler

I am considering adding an engine oil cooler and power steering cooler along with a TRANSMISSION oil cooler.
I wish I could take the quality pictures and add the great annotations like erau did here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ny-cooler.html

My only first hand experience with engine oil coolers is from Dodge Diplomat police package cars. I used to buy them from the state to fix up to sell and for personal use too.
There was an oil gallery connection in the block beside the distributor. Tubing went to the cooler up front and tubing returned from the cooler to the crankcase through a hollow bolt that was one of two that attached the fuel pump to the block.

Anyway, my question concerns which kind of adapter would be the best?
I find two kinds of supply/return adapters for oil coolers that connect to the oil filter adapter on the block.
One is sandwiched between the oil filter adapter on the block and the oil filter.
The other replaces the oil filter. An oil filter relocation setup would be required for it.

Quick Reply: Engine Oil Cooler