3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front Body Mount Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 PM
rebel4055
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I think chrysler had stock in non-service removable locktite and they used it on every fastener on these trucks. I have found nothing that is easy to remove.

I agree. It was a pain to remove the rear seat belt buckles. The locktite they used on them I literally had to buff off so the bolt would thread in better.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I think chrysler had stock in non-service removable locktite and they used it on every fastener on these trucks. I have found nothing that is easy to remove.
I haven't seen anyone complain about bolts falling out either!

Heat my friend, lots of heat (not a torch, the bushing will melt).

Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 AM
!Jstevens!

Hey guys, to the people who had this issue, did you have any problems tightening the bolt back down after you got it out?

I'm looking at that top bushing, and worried that once I get it out it won't seat correctly to tighten back down. am I looking at it correctly that the hex appearance of that bushing is supposed to sit in the frame to keep it from spinning?

Old 04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
!Jstevens!

Originally Posted by !Jstevens!
Hey guys, to the people who had this issue, did you have any problems tightening the bolt back down after you got it out?

I'm looking at that top bushing, and worried that once I get it out it won't seat correctly to tighten back down. am I looking at it correctly that the hex appearance of that bushing is supposed to sit in the frame to keep it from spinning?
if anyone comes to this thread asking the same question I did... yes the hex head of the bushing sits in the frame and that's how it's held in place. but spinning does not "strip" out the frame. when I put the new Isolator bushings in my truck they bolted down just like from the factory with no issues what so ever.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:05 PM
bchapin05
Professional

Nothing on my truck has been bad. But I'm coming from a 1994 wrangler. Owning an older jeep its literally like a 6 hours process to remove 4 bolts.

Quick Reply: Front Body Mount Bolts