3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Can't Find New Hardware for Valve Cover.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't Find New Hardware for Valve Cover.....

...Except if I buy a whole new Valve Cover for about $100!!! For those of you keeping an eye on my current "Engine Bay Restoration Project, at this point I'm cleaning and ordering replacements for all the hardware I need (mainly the bolts and studs for the Exhaust Manifold and Valve Covers). Finding the ones I needed for the manifold was easy, but so far despite best efforts, everywhere I go, the only option for getting new hardware for the Valve Covers is to buy brand new ones!!! This is very annoying.

Any of you guys know where I can get new ones?

If it's a last resort, I'm gonna go to a Pull-A-Part type place and see if I can get some from a junker.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would Message dodgecares to see what he says about it, but as far as I can tell they aren't separate parts. Just because of the way the bolt is permanently attached to the valve cover. And some items are "non service" which means they only made enough for each vehicle or larger accompanying part that came out of the factory because they didn't expect to ever have to sell them individually. Good luck man, I want to see this when its done!

Quick Reply: Can't Find New Hardware for Valve Cover.....