3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05 Dakota shock installation price

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 02:27 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to doing those strut bolts again. I did it 1.5 years ago but I'm probably going for ranchos this time since I will have the front end tore up from the floor up.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM
mlarson29
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i just bought mine from rock auto for the rears they came out to be around 60 a shock for the kyb gas adjust. my local store wanted 150 a shock for crappy menros from crappy tire of part source. but i live in canada so parts are like 2 to 3 times as much and local shops charging 120 and hour. so to me it seems like a fantastic deal.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I loved my Monroes.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie

I guess I should put a little background on here about what I will be using my truck for. I bought a 37 acre ranch on northern AZ and there is a 14 mile dirt road to get to my property. From what I have read the ranchos seem like a good fit for my purpose.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:23 AM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie

So the truck seems alot stiffer to me after i took off the camper shell. Feels more secure over bumps and around turns. I looked under it today and found out I have Monroe sensa traks on the rear (have not looked up front) I knew right away because my rear shocks have the springs around them. If I have the same up front then I'm set.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by Cavemanlawyer
So the truck seems alot stiffer to me after i took off the camper shell. Feels more secure over bumps and around turns. I looked under it today and found out I have Monroe sensa traks on the rear (have not looked up front) I knew right away because my rear shocks have the springs around them. If I have the same up front then I'm set.
You have the Monroe load leveling shocks. They are sensa tracs with the springs for additional weight in the rear. Good choice.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie

Yeah that's what it looks like to me. I will try and take a look up front and see but I would imagine the previous owner matched everything up. Yeah like I said once I removed the camper the truck feels tight. Gonna throw on a flowmaster 10 and delete the resonators this month.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:22 PM
rookie
Captain

Originally Posted by Cavemanlawyer
Yeah that's what it looks like to me. I will try and take a look up front and see but I would imagine the previous owner matched everything up. Yeah like I said once I removed the camper the truck feels tight. Gonna throw on a flowmaster 10 and delete the resonators this month.
just delete the muffler and keep the resonators. sounds decent and the price is fantastic!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Lovinmydodge
Professional

I have the load lvl's on my 05 2wd 3.7 dak, and I LOVE THEM!!!!! i live an atlanta where 95% of my driving is on the street, and in this part of town, the road repairs are literally steel plates laid down with some quick crete to soften the 3 inch lip on them...

best shocks i've installed, and they raised the rear end of my truck up about an inch from the worn out factory shocks

Old 05-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Cavemanlawyer
Rookie

Yeah I like the shocks now. @rookie can i still pass inspection with no muffler? Not even sure if AZ is looking for that kind of thing or not.

Quick Reply: 05 Dakota shock installation price