3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

air bag light-seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 AM
crawpaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag light-seat belt alarm

I am lost, I bought a 2006 Dodge Dakota crew cab, v/6, 6speed standard shift. It has 80000 miles on it. It was wrecked when I bought it. I replaced the front cap. I have done this several times in the past. I am not a body shop, I do upholstery and do the wrecks for fun and a vehicle to drive. The air bags had not gone off in the wreck. Here is the problem. Can not get the air bag light to go off or the seat belt alarm to stop. I have taken it to 2 dealerships, left it for 9 weeks at the last one. Star group says missing wire from dash harness to passenger seat. It was never there, so, how can it be missing. Passenger seat had all sensors replaced. Seat had the weight calibration done. We even replaced the passenger seat 3 times. We replaced to module under the dash. I have not replaced the clock spring. Chrysler put the white flag up and told me to come get it. Mississippi inspects the vehicle before a title can be issued. Please help, maybe we can all learn from this problem. email is claude.pittman@comcast.net

HELP thanks crawpaw

Quick Reply: air bag light-seat belt alarm