3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

multiple electrical problems - All at once

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 AM
ErikMissile
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought another computer but that didn't fix it. The return policy of the company was good. it was about equivalent of 1/2 hr. diagnostic charge to re-stock and they refunded the rest. I think I only found one company who offered them for the 4.7 manuals. Anyway, the truck is finally at a shop. The tech found wires behind the engine/at top of transmission that cause it to shut off if wiggled when warm. It's being worked on. I'll update more soon.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:42 PM
ErikMissile
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

Happy New Year! I'm sorry I never updated everyone fully but I will now. The shop ended up doing a better wiggle test of every wire than I did and got the truck to shut off while idling. The wire(s) causing the problem were for one or more o2 sensors. He had to take off the manifold to get the wires out and found the wire loom disintegrated but no noticeable spot where the wire was shorting out. Anyway, he sealed up every wire supposedly and the truck was good, $650 later.

That problem seems to be fixed now, but I have new gremlins to deal with. I'll start a new thread.

Quick Reply: multiple electrical problems - All at once