3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Passenger Air Bag Bulb Replace

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:37 AM
bchapin05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Air Bag Bulb Replace

Has anyone had to replace the passenger bulb for the air bag? My gauge air bag light has been stuck on. So I was reading on what could be the issue and saw someone say my bulb burned out on the passenger causing this.

Got to thinking I hadn't seen my passenger light up recently so I checked and its not lighting up at all. So I'm assuming the bulb may be burned out which is causing the main light to stay on. It was working as of a month or so ago.

If not the bulb I'm guessing the switch/sensor that goes to the passenger is messed up.

What do I need to do to get to the bulb? Remove the bezel?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

I've never heard of the passenger seat airbag light bulb being out. But if the red light is on your dash, something is definitely up, and the airbags may possibly not work if needed. I wouldn't put it off if it were my truck with the red airbag light illuminated.

You can remove the radio bezel and see if maybe the wire harness has become disconnected. You'll be able to see if it comes apart for bulb access too.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
bchapin05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks yeah I haven't had a chance to pull it apart yet but did confirm it is the bulb. I can tap on the passenger airbag sign and it will blink. If I tap it until it connects and turns on for a sec and then start the truck the main airbag light goes off.

Quick Reply: Passenger Air Bag Bulb Replace