3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 08:45 AM
garryburrell
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag light

The other day as I went to work the lights on my HVAC switches went out. Well I took them out and the put everything back together, but now my air bag light stays on. what could Be make this happen?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:09 PM
transamlover50259
Rookie

Personally I always think of an airbag light like a check engine light... Without a scanner there's just no easy way of knowing what the problem is, and most of the time with a scanner all you're going to get is a point in the right direction.

I make it a point to not service anything airbag related in my own vehicles. The last thing I need to do is slip up and have a negligent airbag deployment, I can't afford to get replacements, and the passenger side may very well take out the windshield too.

I would call to a REPUTABLE repair shop in my area and see if they are capable of checking it out, otherwise I would talk to a dealer.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:25 PM
garryburrell
Rookie

We switch will not turn the passageer air bag on and off any more now also. If I just need to replace that switch or put new light in the HVAC switches then I will fix it .but if it needs more the dealer will get it

Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM
garryburrell
Rookie

Ok I thank my airbag light is on because the clock spring has gone bad in my steering wheel. And it doesnt look hard to do. Rockauto sells them for about $70.00 . I thank I will do this job my self. Is there anyone that works at a dealer that could give me some tips.

Quick Reply: Air bag light