3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Longer Sway bar end links?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:43 PM
barrysuperhawk
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Longer Sway bar end links?

Ok, I have 2-1/2" spacers on the front of my 2008 V8 4x4, and now my truck seems to eat end links. It's no great shock why, but I would like to see about fixing this. The easiest way seems to be just get end links that are about an inch or so longer than stock, but unlike shocks, I am having some trouble finding a useable cross reference. I have found a ton of shortened ones for lowered trucks, but maybe I am not searching the right part numbers or terms because I see nothing longer. I am to the point of getting a set of MOOG's, cutting the end off and welding on an extension. Help?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 PM
dustin6119
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like u already have the best solution. I would do that, by the time you find and pay for and aftermarket that someone has already done what you are thinking the cost would be the same if not more......take measurements, pull them off, have them made and reinstall...just my opinion.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:04 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by barrysuperhawk
Ok, I have 2-1/2" spacers on the front of my 2008 V8 4x4, and now my truck seems to eat end links. It's no great shock why, but I would like to see about fixing this. The easiest way seems to be just get end links that are about an inch or so longer than stock, but unlike shocks, I am having some trouble finding a useable cross reference. I have found a ton of shortened ones for lowered trucks, but maybe I am not searching the right part numbers or terms because I see nothing longer. I am to the point of getting a set of MOOG's, cutting the end off and welding on an extension. Help?
Hmm...who's links have you been going through? Before I removed my sway bar, I ran the same links for close to 70k while running a leveling kit. I would not weld them. I would make your own with spherical bearing ends.

http://www.tuffcountry.com/more-prod...-bar-endlinks/

Like these, but with the u- brackets on both ends.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:03 AM
barrysuperhawk
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Hmm...who's links have you been going through? .
Factory Dodge links...

Old 09-29-2015, 11:19 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went through two OEM sets and was on my third, by 40k mi. I was leveled too.

I like the idea of making some with sexy hardware. I like not having a sway bar more though.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Make you some. When I lifted my Grand Cherokee 3" I took a stock set, cut the end off, welded in a section of same diameter solid pipe and welded the end back on. Took 30 mins...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Longer Sway bar end links?