3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hard shift from park to drive and reverse

Old 08-05-2017, 01:38 AM
Mike Nichol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard shift from park to drive and reverse

I have an 07 4.7l dakota, When i have it in park it runs super smooth, Once i put shift to drive its kind of a hard shift and the truck almost shakes, When im at a stop light while in drive the truck is rumbling and shaking, When i let go of the brake it idles very quickly but feels normal once i give it gas. Very wierd, Hard shifts from drive to reverse aswell but easy to park and neutral. When in reverse it also idles quickly, As in ldle i mean without touching the gas and accelerates quicker then it should aswell as in drive.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Vacuum leak at the break booster?

Old 08-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Mike Nichol

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Vacuum leak at the break booster?
could be, it is also showing its using double the gas, its showing using more gas at idle then driving...

Old 08-05-2017, 08:28 PM
erau
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Nichol
could be, it is also showing its using double the gas, its showing using more gas at idle then driving...
It seems like one or another sensor is faulting when the throttle position is fully closed, causing it to meter more fuel when it should. If it were me, I'd swap in a new (*OEM only) Throttle Position Sensor and see what happens. They seem to be becoming more and more of a common problem (with varying symptoms), and a common fix in these threads lately. Not expensive at all to try, but I wouldn't use an aftermarket one, as these engines don't take well to aftermarket sensors in the long term.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:10 PM
Mike Nichol

thank you, i actually reset the PCM and it fixed it, actually feels like this is more power now, Gears are down shifting correctly going up hill now. Still have engine light on, Will have to plug it in and see the code. Thank you

Search this Thread