I have not been able to get my brakes properly adjusted since I replaced the parking brake lever/adjuster on the driver's side. It snapped on day.
Since I had to take the brakes apart, I put new shoes in, with a new hardware kit. Lubed the adjusters, got them as tight as possible and got them pounded on (there is a slight ridge on the edge of the drum). I had good brakes and parking brake until I stopped a few times, then they slacked off.
Blew a slave cylinder (driver's side) and replaced that, only I reassembled with one of the springs routed a little differently as I thought that it was pulling the adjusting lever off the star wheel. Again, I had brakes and parking brake for a short while.
Spring will bring another attempt.