3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Help with 07 Dakota leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Jared Alexander
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 07 dakota that I would like to get leveled plus have it stand alittle taller probably a 2.5-3 in lift. Which is the best leveling kit out there for an 07 dakota, brand names would be appreciated whichever brand you recommend issuing and also would I have any problems with the front end system down the road, thanks

Alright guys I've been researching leveling kits for my 07 dakota 2wd for quiet a while now andhavent been able to find the right one, I went and takes to a mechanic about getting a basic leveling kit with e blocks or the coil spacers either one of the those ones but he said those will make the truck ride really rough and I need to research on it, I've been researching but idk what I need for the truck to have a good ride and look. Will the rough country 2"leveling kit with shocks be okay or do I need a whole suspension system and could I get one for under 300$

-thanks

Last edited by jkeaton; 09-06-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Same topic
Old 08-30-2017, 09:43 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

If you are 4x4, don't go over 2" in the front or you will destroy the front end, even then you will shorten the life of the front end components. Tie rods, ball joints, sway bar links, CV axles. These trucks were not made to be lifted. You have two choices for leveling kit materials: aluminum or solid rubber and two choices for types: inside the coil or over the coil. Brand names really don't matter. Hop on ebay and get something there. Over the coil is easier to install as you don't have to disassemble the strut. You will learn a few new curse words trying to remove the lower strut bolt though.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:13 PM
stetson
Rookie

I have a steel 3" kit in the front of my 4x4 cost me 30 bucks on ebay. Haven't had any problems. The nuts supplied with the kit where kinda crappy but its well made other than that. Getting the lower bolt out wasnt hard at all for me, but getting the thing back in was.

It does affect the ride tho, on bumps that launch you truck up the suspension bottoms out quite loudly ( strut spring actually hits the upper a-arm just before full droop). On All other bumps tho the truck rides better( pot holes dips wash boarda ect) feels more firm/planted and dosent roll and bounce as bad.
I also have 1.5" add a leafs in the rear

Edit oh yeah and dispite what everyone says you do need to get an alingment done afterwards... Had mine checked before and after installing it goes waaay out after you put in the spacer

Last edited by stetson; 08-31-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 09-01-2017, 03:34 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

The most common leveling kits installed are:

1.5" Trailmaster #DL223
2" Daystar

These are discontinued, so they may be tougher to find these days.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:12 AM
stetson
Rookie

. Rough country pro comp and tough country all had spacers for our trucks when i was shopping for them. Some say 2wd only if it fits the 2wd it will bolt onto the 4wd as well. Certain year Ram 1500 coil spacers work on our trucks too idr the years think it starts or ends at 2006.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Merged your duplicate threads. No need to start another thread on the same topic.