3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

No crank 2011 ram dakota.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:19 AM
granite779
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wingman7000
It sounds like it is in auto shutdown mode. I had the same issue with mine. I added a factory keyless entry from a wrecked truck and an aftermarket remote starter.

My opinion is to rent (its free) a scanner, available from your local AZ and see what, if any, codes are coming up. Get the best one available. Mine had a P0633 no secret skim code and P0513 invalid key. Don't take it to your stealership. I made that mistake and they will only try to sell you a new PCM at around $1600. I told them no. I sent the PCM to a car computer place and they erased the error code for around $125-$150. I got it back within a week and plugged it in and it started immediately. I had no security light on the dash either since mine is a base model too.
I have a code reader which is now showing the following: Po562-system voltage low, PO882-TCM power input low, U1403- Lost fuel level message, U1403-Implausible fuel level signal, and U110C-Lost fuel level message. Not sure what those fuel codes would have to do with a no crank issue. I can hear the fuel pump hum when the key is turned to the run position and there is fuel pressure at the valve stem on the fuel rail.
I located a place online that will check and repair the PCM for around $140. I will be sending it out to them today. I also added an aftermarket remote starter a few months back. I uninstalled it thinking that it may have been contributing to the no crank issue but it had no affect. I replaced the starter relay but have found that there seems to be no signal from the wire that comes from the PCM to the relay. Will post results here when i get the PCM back from the repair company. Thank you to all who replied!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No crank 2011 ram dakota.