3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to Disable the Seat Belt Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:22 AM
shaftey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Disable the Seat Belt Alarm

I love the new Dak, but hate the seemingly never-ending seat-belt alarm. Anyone know of a simple way to disable it?

[yeah, I know... "fasten the seat belt." Any other suggestions?]

Old 01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
cjwr
Professional
Default RE: How to Disable the Seat Belt Alarm

i guess you could open up the seatbelt box thing and rewire it, but i've never tried it.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:11 PM
JosephBeam

Here is what it says in the manual. This is from the 05 but I assume 06 is the same also.

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition swith being turned to the ON or Start position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition swith to the OFF position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Start the engine and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:36 PM
RcBandit28
Captain

I've seen a lot of people just simply wrap the seat belt around the back of the seat and latch it. Or just latch it behind their backs.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:22 PM
shaftey

Thanks, Joseph Beam - You knew EXACTLY how to take care of the alarm. You guys are the best! Thanks to you all!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 PM
acemox
Smile

Thank you for this information so much. I'm using my fathers truck and it bothers me to no end. Him and I both I guess because when I got in originally, the seatbelt was all ready buckled. My mother had used his truck and she used the seatbelt, she all ways has and all ways will. However, ironicly my father was trying to buckle the belt behind him going down the road once my mother returned it to him and barely hit someone while focusing on getting the seatbelt fastened. So to Dodge and Chrysler let it be known that it's great to use a seatbelt however you don't have to remind people every twenty seconds. Thanks for the Answer.

Quick Reply: How to Disable the Seat Belt Alarm