3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Air Bag Light on Dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
babygotdak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked my passenger seat and two wires were ripped apart. Thank god all it took was a soldering iron to fix.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:23 PM
rengnath
Champion

As a side note, my airbag light in the instrument cluster came on once. Being I was on the road and didnt have any other options, I plugged in my SC to check for any codes if by chance they were there. Sure enough I got a code stating that communication with the instruement cluster was lost. Turns out it was the clip for the wires underneath the drivers seat. Every time I moved the seat, the wires lost connection. It took a few times to figure out what was setting the light off. But the error was under the DTCs.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

WOW! is this an old thread or what!! My airbag light came on once and never happened again...

Last edited by dakota_raven; 05-31-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 PM
rolltide

Hey guys I have an 06 Ram 1500 and I have recently had a similar problem. Sometimes when I start the truck the airbag light stays on longer than it should. When this happens the power windows, radio, and air conditioning also won't work.

Other times I start up the truck and everything works just fine, and the airbag lights turns off after a couple seconds like it should.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Old 05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
madieraman

I'm having this problem right now. the airbag light on the instrument cluster is staying on all the time, I will check all the different things that I read on here, and hopefully it's an easy fix. I have the 05 Dakota, and I read that Dodge recalled the 05 Grand Caravans for this same problem, they said water would get into the airbag sensor and short it out. I wonder why they didn't recall the Dakotas

Old 11-07-2022, 06:48 PM
Marvlarv

2006 Dakota ST 3.7 here, just got it used and im stomping out a bunch of gremlins. My newest one is the airbag light, I will check out some of the suggestions mentioned here. I'm going to start with under the seats since it looks like they had been taken out at some point (the seat belt is not up right)

Old 11-08-2022, 08:35 AM
pierrejoly
Veteran
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvlarv
2006 Dakota ST 3.7 here, just got it used and im stomping out a bunch of gremlins. My newest one is the airbag light, I will check out some of the suggestions mentioned here. I'm going to start with under the seats since it looks like they had been taken out at some point (the seat belt is not up right)
Why reply to a thread that has had no replies in over 12 years? Open a new thread instead.

Last edited by pierrejoly; 11-08-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:18 AM
Marvlarv

Originally Posted by Marvlarv
Update: The light goes off once you start the car but then comes back on after driving about 2-3 miles. Also its both the dash light and the passenger light above the radio. The connections under the seat didn't appear loose.

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light on Dash