3G Durango Owner's Roll Call - Show us your 3G Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:10 AM
durango007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bportman

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, I saw Double D has the front grill painted black. You guys think I should go for this mod or leave it stock like it is?
Black painted grille would look sick!!!! What offset, size are those 22s?? Can u post up a front and/or rear shot...would like to see how far out the wheels stick out.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM
deim

Here is our twin-babies carrier
I have to confess - before we got this R/T, I thought I will absolutely hate this car, as I am more used to much smaller, lighter and faster "sporty" cars (before 'D' we had two Subaru STI's - one for me, and one for my wife). We replaced one STI with this R/T, and I have to admit, that I really enjoy driving it! It is for sure not an STI, but nonetheless - it is a fun to drive car

Name:  DSC_5414.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  281.8 KB

Name:  DSC_5403.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  155.9 KB

And this is what I had to get rid of to buy 'D':

Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What year, how many miles and what $$ did you get out of the STI?

IndyD

Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 AM
deim

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
What year, how many miles and what $$ did you get out of the STI?

IndyD
It was 2008 STI, with about 31,000 miles. I was leasing it, so, just found somebody to transfer the leftover of lease (12 months).

Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Been wanting an STI since the bug eye'd one came out. Almost a decade later I'm still waiting. Been getting by with no payments but when our family car started having probs, we got the Durango. Awesome family car but I'm still waiting to get my STI Hatch! R/T D provides the sporty-ness that I'm looking for with all the room for the kids and Mommy

Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 AM
buddafafa

2011 Crew with almost all the extras. not a fan of chrome on vehicles. thinking about plasti-dipping the chrome stuff.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buddafafa
2011 Crew with almost all the extras. not a fan of chrome on vehicles. thinking about plasti-dipping the chrome stuff.

Although the Plasti Dip will work- It will not last. Take the time to have the items painted correctly. I have seen this Plasti Dip process done on many of my Corvette customers and it looks cheap up close. You have a very nice looking 35k plus vehicle why spend 10.00 or so on Plasti Dip? Its not to expensive to have the pieces painted to match and will look so much better in the end and you will be much happier. Worst case if you dont want to pay someone to do the paint work. Check out www.paintscratch.com you can order the paint code for your car and do it yourself and will still look better than Plasti Dip.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
buddafafa

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Although the Plasti Dip will work- It will not last. Take the time to have the items painted correctly. I have seen this Plasti Dip process done on many of my Corvette customers and it looks cheap up close. You have a very nice looking 35k plus vehicle why spend 10.00 or so on Plasti Dip? Its not to expensive to have the pieces painted to match and will look so much better in the end and you will be much happier. Worst case if you dont want to pay someone to do the paint work. Check out www.paintscratch.com you can order the paint code for your car and do it yourself and will still look better than Plasti Dip.
i dont mind painting the grill trim, i'd actually prefer to paint it.
but the chrome strips on the lower fascia, side skirts, and luggage racks are all set in the flat black plastic. although, as i'm typing this out, i should just paint those, too.
now to just learn to paint.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 AM
shawnpaul303
Amateur
Smile Here's my Express...

Working on customizing it...will put new pics this saturday after I get new grille installed.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
fuzzyb
Rookie

Our first trip into the mountains

Quick Reply: 3G Durango Owner's Roll Call - Show us your 3G Durango