3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

3G Durango Owner's Roll Call - Show us your 3G Durango

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
M2MCitadel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light mod

Hoping My Fogs turn out as planned here a pic of what im going for:Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  4.8 KB

Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey M2MCitadel,

Have the caliper's painted and cleared at a body shop and/or have them powercoated. That's the only thing that seems to hold up over time.

What shop did your interior work and what did it set you back?

IndyD

Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
6point4

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Hey M2MCitadel,

Have the caliper's painted and cleared at a body shop and/or have them powercoated. That's the only thing that seems to hold up over time.
I used the duplicolor kit on my Charger. Did them in my driveway. After five
years they still look like new. I took my time though and did around 6 coats
letting them dry between coats. Cost was about $20 plus my time.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
M2MCitadel

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Hey M2MCitadel,

What shop did your interior work and what did it set you back?

IndyD
Hey thanks bro! The interior was done through the dealer don't know where or if the outsource but I dropped it off at the dealer & picked it up from them...I only remem them saying my leather would have to come direct from mopar in Detroit bc they don't make the color for Ds! And as for the calipers that's what I plan to have done paint & cleared then powder coat the grey thing that's already rusting on all Ds looks very cheap to me so that will be powder coated black instead of the light grey! *im referring to the thing attached to the brake disc! ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
M2MCitadel

Originally Posted by M2MCitadel
Hey thanks bro! The interior was done through the dealer don't know where or if the outsource but I dropped it off at the dealer & picked it up from them...I only remem them saying my leather would have to come direct from mopar in Detroit bc they don't make the color for Ds! And as for the calipers that's what I plan to have done paint & cleared then powder coat the grey thing that's already rusting on all Ds looks very cheap to me so that will be powder coated black instead of the light grey! *im referring to the thing attached to the brake disc! ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?
ROTORS WAS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR! They look so bad Grey with the rust...

Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
M2MCitadel

Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Rust is normal on metal rotors unless you get ceramic high performance ones. Powdercoating rotors is not a good idea, tends to lead to issues later. Go Ceramic, better cooling and will never rust.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM
M2MCitadel

Originally Posted by PowerDDanger
Rust is normal on metal rotors unless you get ceramic high performance ones. Powdercoating rotors is not a good idea, tends to lead to issues later. Go Ceramic, better cooling and will never rust.
Wow really did not know that! I mean I know rusting is Normal but when it's rusty driving off the lot brand new that's some I wasn't expecting! I didn't know powder coating causes later issues! What type?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
M2MCitadel

I'll pick up DDC tomorrow! Can't wait! I'll post pics of finished product thanks for the advice fellas! God Bless!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Wow really did not know that! I mean I know rusting is Normal but when it's rusty driving off the lot brand new that's some I wasn't expecting! I didn't know powder coating causes later issues! What type?

Considering that most rotors made of steel, any contact with water eventually causes rust especially if they sit on the lot for a while or during transport. Powdercoating is okay for the brake calipers because its not a part that is considered moving, it mostly just holds the break pad in place. The rotor on the other hand is moving as quickly as the wheel, put under a lot of pressure and heat during stopping. If a piece of powerdercoating gets stuck in front of a break pad it causes serious danger because the break pad does not contact the rotor as efficiently.

Check out this animation, the red is the caliper and the plate is the rotor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-wDa6kAgQ

Quick Reply: 3G Durango Owner's Roll Call - Show us your 3G Durango