3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

HELP, Info TIPM

Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Dkir
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, Info TIPM

New to posting here. So I bought a 2011 Durango Crew Lux Oct 31st. Left the dealer at 1:30 pm. At 3:30 pm the trans would only go to 4th gear no matter what I did. Check eng light came on and it would not drive. Lucky me. Had it for only 2 hrs!!! before it was on the tow truck on its way back. So after 2 days of getting the "we are waiting on tech support to call". The service dept tells me this afternoon its a TIPM. So I ask ok how long another day? He says "I'm not sure we can't get one". WHAT?!! He goes on to say they are back ordered and not sure how long it will be. "They may have to make one" Could this be true? I understand things can break but I only had it off the lot for 2 damm hours!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 PM
cdn_tbird
Amateur

Originally Posted by Dkir
New to posting here. So I bought a 2011 Durango Crew Lux Oct 31st. Left the dealer at 1:30 pm. At 3:30 pm the trans would only go to 4th gear no matter what I did. Check eng light came on and it would not drive. Lucky me. Had it for only 2 hrs!!! before it was on the tow truck on its way back. So after 2 days of getting the "we are waiting on tech support to call". The service dept tells me this afternoon its a TIPM. So I ask ok how long another day? He says "I'm not sure we can't get one". WHAT?!! He goes on to say they are back ordered and not sure how long it will be. "They may have to make one" Could this be true? I understand things can break but I only had it off the lot for 2 damm hours!!!
Sorry to hear you had such a bad start with your new D3. Personally, I wouldn't accept that answer. Call Chrysler head office and escalate the matter without getting personal. Somewhere in NA there has to be the piece you need, even if it's in an unsold D3 sitting on a lot. You paid good money for your D3, and if it really is out of stock in the parts warehouse, then they need to move heaven and earth to get you back on the road and enjoying yourself.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM
socal-k
Amateur

Originally Posted by cdn_tbird
Sorry to hear you had such a bad start with your new D3. Personally, I wouldn't accept that answer. Call Chrysler head office and escalate the matter without getting personal. Somewhere in NA there has to be the piece you need, even if it's in an unsold D3 sitting on a lot. You paid good money for your D3, and if it really is out of stock in the parts warehouse, then they need to move heaven and earth to get you back on the road and enjoying yourself.
Plus one. During final walk-around before taking delivery of my 2011 Citadel I discovered that some of the moulding was damaged. The dealer wanted me to take the car as-is and return when the replacement part arrives. I said I would walk before doing that. Dealer then asked me if I could spare 40 minutes while they replaced the damaged moulding with the moulding from another car on the lot. They can be accommodating if the want to be...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Dkir
Default help

Thanks, I was at the dealer at 9am this morning. This is what I was told by Sales and Service. Sales guy (who is a great guy) "I will make sure it is taken care of asap and that you are compensated as well" Maybe lip service i don't know yet. Service " you are 85th on the list waiting list for the part and it could be a few days to a few WEEKS" But we are going to do what ever we can to get it right.
So I call Chrysler corp. The person I talked to was helpful and gave me a case #and said I will her from some one by end of the day tomorrow. Also he said not many people call corp and it was a good thing I did. And they are "going to look into the parts problem/wait list"
So whatever any of this means, i don't know but its something I guess. We will see what happens the next couple days.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Dkir
Angry Update

So talking to Corp case manager I find out that there are 127 of the parts I need on back order. Which I am # 85 on that list. The set "due in" date of said part is MARCH 8th!!!!! She said she is trying to fid out if they can pull the parts off the "line". Ok so something is being done they say. All the while my truck is sitting out in the lot of the dealer collecting dirt and dust. The Lemon Law kicks into effect in 10 days. So I can do nothing but wait. Soo frustrating. You would think they would find me another new Durango out there somewhere. So since I can do nothing else I am gonna vent here. Sorry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP, Info TIPM