3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Possibly the first ever 2012 Durgango Halo headlight & fog lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
halocars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys thanks! Just want to be clear, I did not post this to try and drum up sales, just wanted other gen3 Durango owners out there to see a cool new mod, that's all.
Originally Posted by MiamiRT
Nice work, what's involved to install?
Headlight and fog lights need to be cut open. Fog light rings come in the correct size for the base and attach with silicon. The headlights have 2 rings, the smaller size is available, but the larger size has to be cut down, and massaged to match the curve. Both rings sit ontop the housing and attach with 3M tape. Route the wires out the lights, then seal them back up with some Plyogrip & silicon. We wired these to constant power and put a switch on the dash so they can be run at anytime.

Originally Posted by MJNewman
Like the look but sadly not the first. Someone else has done this and is posted on cardomain.com. Yours looks a lot better though.
Yeah, we figured somebody, somewhere had done it, thus the possibly part!lol...

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
Looks awesome dude! yeah take some night pix like to see how it looks in night setting....I liked the fogs especially.
We'll try to get some more when it comes back for tinted tail lights and all LED exterior bulbs.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

looks nice bro!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:50 PM
SINISTERRT
Veteran

Are these Oracle halos? I just finished up fitting halos in my fogs. Final wiring tomorrow. I always worry about moisture whenever you bake, open and reseal headlights. Looks great though!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SINISTERRT
Are these Oracle halos? I just finished up fitting halos in my fogs. Final wiring tomorrow. I always worry about moisture whenever you bake, open and reseal headlights. Looks great though!
+1... Gotta be done right!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Oracle certainly makes some nice gear but are really costly. Ive seen several rides with MD LED rings like these and they always look good. MUCH better than the old CCFLs. I actually just bought a set like these off ebay to go around my Infinti Q45 projectors.

Great job on the install and pics loo awesome

Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Rufio123
Rookie

Can you post any pics of the install? Curious how bad do you have to cut up the headlights....

Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 AM
happyfirst
Professional

Originally Posted by halocars
Headlight and fog lights need to be cut open.
Such a shame. Looks really really good. But I'm not about to go cutting open my headlamp assemblies.

Please do try and post some pics both in the middle of the day from much much farther away and also in the late afternoon when there is less light but still enough to not need headlights.

I wonder how this would look with the Xenon assemblies.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
halocars

Yes, those are Oracle's

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Oracle certainly makes some nice gear but are really costly. Ive seen several rides with MD LED rings like these and they always look good. MUCH better than the old CCFLs. I actually just bought a set like these off ebay to go around my Infinti Q45 projectors.

Great job on the install and pics loo awesome
True, but like with most things, you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by Rufio123
Can you post any pics of the install? Curious how bad do you have to cut up the headlights....
Sorry, don't have any install pics, as we've been doing these for years, but you don't actually cut the headlights themselves, you simply have to break the seal between the lens and housing. We use heat and an oscillating blade that slips between the 2 and cuts the seal. Then we just re-seal them once everything's installed. It's not super hard, and if you have any kind of mechanical or bodywork type skills it should be pretty easy for anyone to do. Just have to take your time, and go slow and be sure you get it sealed up nice and tight when you're done.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
SINISTERRT
Veteran

To confirm, you cut open the foglights and DID NOT bake them right? I've got oracle halos for fogs coming

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
halocars

To confirm, you cut open the foglights and DID NOT bake them right? I've got oracle halos for fogs coming
That's right. Since there is no flat area for the halo to sit on, just be sure you use a good amount of clear silicone or other adhesive all the way around to hold the ring in place.

Quick Reply: Possibly the first ever 2012 Durgango Halo headlight & fog lights installed