3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Battery light on

Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 PM
crew man
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light on

Heading to the dealership tomorrow with the battery light on. My 2012 Crew AWD V-6 is only a month old with 1000 miles. Hopefully something simple....Anyone else with this issue ? I'll update as to what they find out...

Old 04-23-2012, 04:05 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by crew man
Heading to the dealership tomorrow with the battery light on. My 2012 Crew AWD V-6 is only a month old with 1000 miles. Hopefully something simple....Anyone else with this issue ? I'll update as to what they find out...
Crew,

Not sure what radio you have but a couple of them require a flash for a battery drain issue. Let me know what they find.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
crew man
Amateur

Thanks for the reply, its the 730 Nav radio. The autolamps also quit working at the same time. Don't know if its related or not. I will post results as to what the dealership finds.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
crew man
Amateur

Heard back from the dealership, apperently the diagnosis is a faulty alternator....no big deal until they said it is USA stock and gonna be a week away....I love the Durango, but only 5 weeks old and 1000 miles and the alternator is shot...thank god for warranty....see what kinda loaner / rental they give me.....

Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
crew man
Amateur

Alternator replaced, bad diode inside according to tech.
Hopefully now, only back for required maintenance....
On a side note, before the battery light came on...auto lamps quit working...tech stated there is a battery saver mode the computers go into when voltage gets low...basically shuts down all creature features to perserve battery power...just FYI

Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by crew man
Alternator replaced, bad diode inside according to tech.
Hopefully now, only back for required maintenance....
On a side note, before the battery light came on...auto lamps quit working...tech stated there is a battery saver mode the computers go into when voltage gets low...basically shuts down all creature features to perserve battery power...just FYI

Crewman,

Glad they got it fixed. PM me your VIN if you want and I will see if I can get you a couple of free oil changes for your trouble.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery light on