3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Help! 2nd Row Headliner Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:03 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to be a fairly common problem... hopefully they get you squared away, good luck!

Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Court2020
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Court,

Sorry to hear the issue you are experiencing with your new Durango. There is a case available for the dealer to reference regarding the rattle above the headliner. I am posting it below. If a trip to the dealer does not solve the problem I would suggest a call to the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and they will get a Chrysler tech involved to fix the issues. Numbers below.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada

Case Number: S1223000041
Release Date: 12/11/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Rattle From Rear Overhead HVAC Ducts
Diagnosis:
The customer may experience a rattle sound from the rear of the vehicle above the second row seat. An audible buzz, squeak, or rattle (BSR) or ticking sound may appear to be coming from the B or C-pillar area.
I am actually going to call the GM tomorrow to explain my problem and hopefully get this issue resolved. I have not had the opportunity to do so, because I need a vehcle to get to and from work and to also pick my son up from daycare. However, the problem has escalated..I noticed that the headliner above the passenger seat is completly separated from the seal..it is falling down...unbelievable!!!!!! I am the most frustrated person right now! I will never again buy a Dodge/Chrysler product. I will let you all know the outcome. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:41 AM
12HemiR/T
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I am bringing this post back up for discussion / feedback etc. In the last 2 weeks or so my D has developed this issue. Is there a DIY fix? I tried repositioning the wire as one of the posters suggested, but that did not work for me. I also tried pushing some foam into the area that I thought was loose, but that did not work. Any thoughts or recent solutions? I am planning to make an appointment to get the D back to the dealer, but if I can fix myself, it will save me some time / inconvenience. As always, thanks in advance for the input.

Quick Reply: Help! 2nd Row Headliner Rattle