3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Help with siphoning gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^# 1 is the supply line to the fuel rail. You may have to remove it at the far right end on the firewall as the rail end I think is covered by the intake. The fittings should look like below. Push inward, press release while pulling off. Again, wrap a rag around it so it doesn't blow gas in your face when you disconnect it.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
debtman3535
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, thank you so much!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Please let us know how you made out.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TNTech, Let me just say your effort to help this guy out is just awesome. The world needs more people that not only care, but also have the capacity to make a difference for a complete stranger.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

I agree with wi-steve.....it is fitting that he lives in the Volunteer state. Go Vols!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
debtman3535

TNTech,

I am grateful for your help. The information you provided gave me four gallons, enough to keep the generator going until our power was restored late last night.

There are so many others that experienced utter devastation just a few miles south of me, specifically in the towns of Babylon, Lindenhurst and Copiague. They have nowhere to live, no food, water... just the clothes on their backs. I realize that even if I was unable to get fuel from my vehicle, a couple of cold nights is nothing compared to what these folks are are going through.

I pray things will return to normalcy for them soon.

Again, thank you.

Gerry

Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
The Sradiator

I too was looking to use my 2000/B1500 Ram Van as a storage receptacle for 30+ gallons of fuel.
Imagine my amazement ( and my discontent) when I found out after pumping ALL that fuel that I could not siphon it out.
Well...necessity being a mother and all, I decided to look a little deeper at this stopper valve in the tank.
I am even happier to say that the solution is MUCH easier than perhaps we thought.
My van has a plastic tank mounted midway on the left side.
There are 2 rubber hoses running from the filler neck to the tank.
One is the larger filler hose and the other a smaller overflow/return hose.
If you go under the vehicle you can see where they are simply hose clamped to the tank.
I undid the smaller hose from the tank and fished a small diameter siphon hose into the tank past the stopper valve and POW, how ya like me now...fuel!
I suppose you could undo the larger filler hose as well and perhaps use a larger diameter siphon hose as well for faster siphoning?
A little bit of trouble, it's true but still much easier than even I expected.
The trick is to use a small diameter hose to get past the stopper/flapper valve and into the tank.
A small hose will siphon 1 gal in about 3 mins.
I registered here just to give dodge folks a heads up and hopefully this will provide some relief to those seeking to store that precious fuel and avoid those long lines at the pumps.
Regards...The Sradiator

Quick Reply: Help with siphoning gas