DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   Worth buying? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/343815-worth-buying.html)

mindspin 12-10-2012 10:50 PM

Worth buying?

Hi, I just found this forum last week and I was lurking around reading the posts. I signed up because a I had a question about the possibility of buying a 2013 Durango.

I've had a little history with Dodge products in the past. I started with a 2005 300c then traded that in for 2007 300c SRT-8. The SRT was the most amazing car I have ever owned. I had to turn around and sell the car due to a purchasing a house and needed a car that I could use year round. The SRT was terrible in even a dusting of snow. I miss that car all the time.

I currently drive a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and it's not the best SUV/CAR I've driven. Microsoft SYNC has been buggy since day 1, the v6 is too weak, A-pillar rattle, just a mess.

I am looking at a 2013 Durango R/T for about 38k. I am hesitant for a few reasons. From what I have read 14MY the interior is getting a redesign including a new radio, and have seen that Dodge is discontinuing the Durango after 2016?

I'm trying to see what other people really think about their Durango's

mlsa3 12-11-2012 07:05 AM

I've only had my 2012 Dodge Durango for 3 weeks but absolutely love it. My past three vehicles were Dodge Rams and compared to them, the durango drives and rides so smooth. It handles great and is so comfortable.

I'm still excited over it.

David

coldsteel 12-11-2012 07:39 AM

There are 32000 miles on my 2011 Durango and love it (every time I actually get to drive it).

It has only been to the service dept. for the free maintenance services and one radio lockup. It certainly is the most reliable new car I've purchased.

St.Char 12-11-2012 08:15 AM

Best SUV I've owned. Get one that's loaded, you will love all the new technology . I would have never opted for all the new safety features on this vehicle, but after having them, I find it hard to drive another one without them. I have the 2012 Citadel and haven't had one issue with it at all, just a tic over 12k on her. One of the best looking stock SUV's on the road.

DodgeCares 12-11-2012 09:07 AM

Glad to see posts about people who love their D's. To the OP, there has been nothing official about when/if the Durango will end production. It's all speculation at this point.

PowerDDanger 12-11-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by mindspin (Post 2923538)
Hi, I just found this forum last week and I was lurking around reading the posts. I signed up because a I had a question about the possibility of buying a 2013 Durango.

I've had a little history with Dodge products in the past. I started with a 2005 300c then traded that in for 2007 300c SRT-8. The SRT was the most amazing car I have ever owned. I had to turn around and sell the car due to a purchasing a house and needed a car that I could use year round. The SRT was terrible in even a dusting of snow. I miss that car all the time.

I currently drive a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and it's not the best SUV/CAR I've driven. Microsoft SYNC has been buggy since day 1, the v6 is too weak, A-pillar rattle, just a mess.

I am looking at a 2013 Durango R/T for about 38k. I am hesitant for a few reasons. From what I have read 14MY the interior is getting a redesign including a new radio, and have seen that Dodge is discontinuing the Durango after 2016?

I'm trying to see what other people really think about their Durango's

The only advice, wait for a 2014. Forget the interior, you should wait for the transmission alone. When the 8 speed comes out the value of every previous gas guzzling slow accelerating durango will drop off the cliff. If you are ever worried about the valued of what you buy wait till 2014. Improved MPG, improved acceleration, improved interior and electronics, and an updated exterior.

CMil527 12-11-2012 09:19 AM

Love my 2012... you wont be disappointed!

Rated R 12-11-2012 10:00 AM

If I were you at this point I would wait for the '14. The 8 spd will be a game changer in this rig. Every review has mentioned the current tranny as the glaring weak point in the '11-'13's. The '14 will have better 0-60 times, shift points and more responsive on-demand torque. The 8.4 Nav is a much nicer unit as well. In addition to the new 8spd and Nav they'll likely be putting in a TFT instrument screen in the '14 like the new Dart and Viper. The '14 is also being released earlier in the model year than typical.

The future is bright for Chrysler. They have good cars now but the next round of cars they release will be hard to beat:

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com

Solphurious 12-11-2012 10:55 AM

love the D

I have a '12 Durango R/T and love it. I have been to the dealer a few times for a couple issues that the dealer got right on and fixed. Nothing major, just annoyances. I would buy again. I looked at all the SUVs out there before buying mine. My criteria were: seat seven, tow my boat, four wheel drive. That narrowed the field. Then came the etheral criteria: nice looking, fun to drive. The D met all my needs and had an amazing value. Other SUVs on my list were 10k more for similar features. The only other SUV I would consider today is the Mercedes GL 450. But, it is nearly twice the price as the D and I don't think it seats seven (I may be mistaken). I have nearly 20,000 miles on the D using it for road trips only. Reliable, fun, comfortable, and I love the tech features both entertainment and safety. ( I would never have checked the box for adaptive cruise control but have found it worth every penny!).

Wayne

coldsteel 12-11-2012 11:14 AM

Definitely an avid user and fan of the adaptive cruise features. I read that coming in 2014 the ACC will include stop-n-go; instead of deactivating at 15mph, the D will be able to come to a complete stop and hold until traffic clears.