3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Taillight for dodge durango 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
ballas81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taillight for dodge durango 2012

I need your helps if anyone has an experience with removing the taillight on the durango 2012 I had removed the 2 poles but I am not able to take the taillight out

Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They just clip in place gently pull at them they'll work loose!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

LAMP

Each rear lamp unit for this vehicle consists of two pieces. An outer rear lamp unit is secured at the rear of each quarter panel. An inner rear lamp is secured on each outboard side of the liftgate outer panel adjacent to the outer lamp.

OUTER

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Locate and remove the plastic push-pin fastener that secures the bracket on the bottom of the inboard side of the outer rear tail lamp housing to the upper flange of the rear fascia.
  3. Open the liftgate to access and remove the two plastic push-pin fasteners that secure the inboard side of the lamp to the side jamb of the liftgate opening.
  4. Pull the outboard side of the lamp rearward far enough to disengage the two ball studs on the back of the lamp housing from the plastic grommets in the lamp opening of the body sheet metal.
  5. Pull the lamp away from the vehicle far enough to access and disconnect the two body wire harness connectors from the two bulb socket connector receptacles on the back of the lamp housing.
  6. Remove the lamp from the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Taillight for dodge durango 2012