3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Check Engine Light help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The loaner may be my dealer's thing. I don't know. Never hurts the check. I don't know if I'd be comfortable driving a car around with a noticeable miss for that long.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 AM
moparmommy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally at my computer to give an update.

The dealership was a big hassle, no loaner car. The service manager kept giving me a run around about how it can be a few weeks for a new cylinder head to come in, they are only allowed to order one every 7 days per Chrysler policy. He wouldn't give me any set amount of time to come back for it to be replaced. Finally he said it will take 3 days when they fix it, but I need to check my extended warranty to see if they will cover a rental, bc rentals/loaners are again against Chrysler Policy. Then he started talking badly about the dealer we bought our Durango at, bc they didn't sell me a Chrysler ext. warranty plan, but rather a 3rd party one??

So I had enough, picked up my car, and had my UConnect ringing to Chrysler HQ while I pulled off their lot! Just for clarification for any of you, if your Chrysler product vehicle is being serviced for 24 hours or more, & under factory warranty, you ABSOLUTELY DO get a rental car. So the very nice lady on the phone took all of my information and had me hold while she called to reiterate the correct policies and procedures to the service manager that was a complete jack a*s. She came back on to let me know that the part will be ordered tomorrow, it will be in next week, and they will be calling me to set up an appt, and will handle my rental, and if I have any other issues, don't hesitate to call!

I guess more to come when I have to actually deal with this dealership again..

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks you had to call Chrysler Customer Service to get it figured out and resolved. My dealer told me up front that I get a rental if they have to keep the car for more than 24 hours for a repair. I also got a 3rd party warranty, but it was to cover the electronics in the car for the full 7/70k.

Basically, if you need an engine head replaced, its covered under your factory 7/70 engine and powertrain warranty. There is no question about that.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM
bster
Rookie
Angry

I have had my MIL light coming on now and then on my 2011 Hemi Citadel.
The engine light as well as the service AWD light come on periodically for me. When I took it in, the dealer said there were several codes stored and all of this was caused by aluminum connectors in the cold weather.
Everything starts to fail at around -7F and below. Apparently this is just the way it is and there are no fixes. I have my AWD shut down totally, my stereo shut down, and remote start disabled. The stereo will go back to factory settings, all stored items icluding pictures and music are gone, also the navigation database is gone and I have no sound in the speakers. This will last a couple of start-ups and then magically it all comes back, like nothing has happened.
The shut down of the AWD sucks, as it reverts back to a 2wd vehicle and that is horrible in the ice and snow here. But it also goes back to normal after a few start-ups.
I guess compared to the engine knocking at start up, this isn't too bad of a problem.
The engine knocking lasts about 5 min at start-up and is a synptom of all Hemi's I am told. This also gets worse as the temp drops.
I cant believe that a vehicle with this price tag, has this many cold weather issues that can't be fixed.
I wish I had an e-mail address that I could send someone higher up in Dodge, an e-mail with the video clips of the engine noise and all and have them tell me that this is "How they all are".
You can call the Dodge Cares line and start a file but you just end up back at your local dealer's service dept trying to get the problem resolved.
I want access to someone higher up that can tell me straight up that this vehicle is operating as it should.
HELP

Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Didhefocus
Professional

I didn't see it mentioned but this must be the v6 right?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by moparmommy
16600 miles on it, and my friend just confirmed that is what the problem with her 2011 was.. They didn't mention the loaner, but I will ask. This dealer is a joke, they try to charge me for every oil change, I always have to remind them that I have that 36 month convenience plan. Do you know if it says anything in it about specifically getting a loaner in this situation? I am waiting on a new copy of it to be sent to me.

Mommy,

The 3/36 warranty does not cover a loaner but your 36 month Convenience plan probably would, depending on the one you have. You can view your convenience contract online at the link below. Just put in name, mileage, and vin on the left. If you have any problem with this situation please contact the Customer Assistance Center (800-992-1997) and they will get involved move the process along if you are not satisfied with the dealership.

http://servicecontracts.chrysler.com/

Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM
moparmommy
Amateur

I just wanted to give a quick update. I will be dropping the D off this afternoon for them to start their work. They are saying it will only be 2 days, while everything I have seen online/heard from friends it is more like a week.. So we'll see!

Thanks Dodge Cares, but it actually isn't anything with my service contract, rather the Chrysler policy of providing a rental when the car is in service for over 24 hours.

& Yes, Didhefocus, it is the 3.6 Pentastar engine.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 AM
moparmommy
Amateur

I think I am cursed. I got a town && country as my rental. Ran to the grocery with it, and the check engine light came on during the drive home. So I'm on rental #2 now..

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light help!