3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

R/T looks !!! Proyect

Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
atov
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T looks !!! Proyect

Ive just bought a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew

But I want to upgrade to a R/T look. First, I think im gonna be getting the Viper o Ram Reps on 20'' or 22''. What do u recommend?

Second, upgrade the Headlamps to a Low Beam HID Headlamp, I think the R/T comes with black bezel.

Third, change the lower end of the bumber, for the R/T lower.

Do anyone, know the mopar number parts for this items.

The other thing is the lower end and the wheel are easy stuff to install. But passing from a Halogen Headlamp to a Low Beam HID Headlamp, I just order the dos Headlamps and its done ? Or should I get something else, hid modular kit ? I really dont know how to do it.

I would really appreciate this.

Thanks.

P.S: Ive read on Dodge.com that the R/T comes with "Tuned Suspension" can anyone explain this ? I think the truck is lowered or what ?

Last edited by atov; 09-23-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Dodgemack
Rookie

Ummm, didn't you already post the same new thread earlier today? No need for overkill...

Someone will eventually respond and, in the meantime, I'd recommend searching the forums. I saw a similar thread a few weeks ago about an RT conversion (under this section). Try searching and I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 PM
atov
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dodgemack
Ummm, didn't you already post the same new thread earlier today? No need for overkill...

Someone will eventually respond and, in the meantime, I'd recommend searching the forums. I saw a similar thread a few weeks ago about an RT conversion (under this section). Try searching and I'm sure you'll come up with something.
Hey Thanks for the advice. Yeah ive been searching several threads. Still need help.

Im in a hurry because I live outside the US, and my friend is comming soon. Thats why im kinda in a hurry.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just trade up to any R/T? You'll need a lot of work to do the conversion. All the gray body moldings have to be painted. The side skirts have to be replaced with R/T skirts because of the chrome thing. You need to replace or paint the grille. You need to replace the front bumper. You need to replace the rear bumper and get the dual exhaust. You need the headlights. You need the wheels. You need to paint the chrome Dodge emblem on the tailgate. You need to remove the roof rails and fill/paint any mounting holes left behind. And if you really wanna go all out, you need the interior (seats and door panels), suspension, and engine! Doesn't sound worth all the work! Plus, unless you can do all this work yourself, you're gonna pay a lot in labor!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 PM
HeMiDD305
Professional

Actually I'm in the process of doing the R/T conversion. Overall the most expensive swap would be the interior, unless he doesn't have a Hemi. My Crew has the Hemi, and acquiring the lower front valance is not that expensive. The side skirts are fairly reasonable and if you have a person that can do your paint it will be reasonable. You might as well keep e roof rack and have the chrome piece stripped off and body matched. The rear chrome dodge sign is cheap. You will also need the suspension which is around 600 from the factory

Old 09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
atov
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeMiDD305
Actually I'm in the process of doing the R/T conversion. Overall the most expensive swap would be the interior, unless he doesn't have a Hemi. My Crew has the Hemi, and acquiring the lower front valance is not that expensive. The side skirts are fairly reasonable and if you have a person that can do your paint it will be reasonable. You might as well keep e roof rack and have the chrome piece stripped off and body matched. The rear chrome dodge sign is cheap. You will also need the suspension which is around 600 from the factory
Thank you both. The thing is this. In peru, where I actually live right now, the only versions they are bringing, are Crew and Citadel. The Crew goes for 50K and the Citadel 70K (im talking US Dolars), so I coundt get the Citadel with the 5.7 Hemi, because its 20K more, and no way.

So I have the V6 3.6L. My main concern is how to install the Headlamps (HID), because the Crew comes with halogen lamps. Beside both headlamps, do I need to buy something else for the instalation ?

About the front and rear bumper, is it the hole entire bumper o just the front and rear, lower end.

About the suspension, I got the part numbers for all the stuff I need (Got it, in other thread)

Interior and Roof and something really easy to make here.

And the wheels im getting the 20'' or 22'' SRT Reps

P.S: Please is you have the part numbers for the headlamps, front and rear lower end and side skirts. Please send me the numbers, so I can order it to mopar, and get shipped here.

P.S 2: The R/T grill part number too, thanks !!

Last edited by atov; 09-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 AM
alengineer
Amateur

ANYONE have the part No for front low bumper please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R/T looks !!! Proyect