3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Brake Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
eNVe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Leak

I did a search, and couldn't seem to find anyone else who had this problem, so I'll post it up here so that people will know about it (hopefully it doesn't affect anyone else).

After a few days of owning my Durango, I started to notice that there were oil spots on the driveway where it parked. I know for a fact that they weren't there before. So, when I was back at the dealer to finish up some paperwork, I told them about it, and they checked out the underside. The service guy said it looked very clean under there, and the only thing he found was that the drain plug was 1/8th of a turn loose with a bit of an oil drip dangling on it, so he tightened it. I figured that fixed it, but I didn't quite trust it. This was around 210 miles. I bought it with 28 miles.

I parked the truck in a different spot and kept an eye out for more drips. Unfortunately, I noticed the spots appearing again, so I took some cardboard and placed it under the engine. The next morning, I looked again and found drops on the cardboard. I traced the drops up and found that it was the brake lines for the front passenger side that were the culprit. They were covered in fluid.

So, I brought the truck back in to the dealer on Saturday and showed them what I found. They put it up on a lift and checked it out. From what they tell me, the brake lines that were installed from the factory were too short, and that when the wheels are cranked hard to the left, the lines are pulled, which is what is now causing the leak. They are fixing it for me, but wont get the parts in until Wednesday. In the meantime, the dealer has hooked me up with a rental because I can't drive my truck around.

It sucks that this happened, but my dealer has been pretty good about addressing the issue. I felt like crying after I got behind the wheel of the rental (a Jeep Liberty). I was really getting spoiled with the heated leather seats and the keyless entry and go (among other things). I did feel a little better when I found out the rental had SirisXM. Lol.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Just a random goof up. Mine showed up without the R/T paint matching wheel well trim on the pass side. It's all black so I didn't catch it until her first wax 3 days later. guess the guys took a break when it past through there work station. Funny when I went back in and told them I appreciated the great deal but when I spend 40 grand on a truck " I want ALL OF IT".

Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
eNVe

Originally Posted by Fullslp
I want ALL OF IT".
Exactly! I feel the same. My truck was missing it's flashlight, and I had to make sure that they put in the contract that they would obtain a new one and replace it. The rep ended up just swiping one from a Citadel that was on the showroom floor. Lol.

Quick Reply: Brake Leak