3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 Durango Crew in shop 4 times this year

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM
kerropi2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2011 Durango Crew in shop 4 times this year

My 2011 Durango Crew has had several issues in 2013. In January my check engine light came on and my remote start would not work. I took it in and they told me I needed to update my computer system so we did that. Two weeks later the remote start quit working again and so did the push button start; I would have to take the push button off and insert the key to start the vehicle. I took it back to the same place (the dealership I bought it from brand new) they told me I needed to replace the fuel neck cap and filter so we did that. Two or three weeks later I started having the same problem except this time the check engine light would go on and off when I took it in again I was told I needed to replace the TIPM($900) that was done and it did fine for about 6 weeks. Last week it started having trouble shifting gears the RPM would rev up to over 4000 and I would only be going around 30 or so; it would take a good 3 minutes to get my car up to 60 on the interstate and even longer for the RPM to actually go down to normal again. The check engine light and a few more lights would come off and on during this time. A few days before I could get my car to the shop it would shut off while driving (very inconvenient) thankfully it would restart and the steering did not go out. It has been in the shop now for a week. The first diagnostic test found leaking freon into the transmission cooler (that's what they told me) and just got the call today that said that was fixed and I could come get my car but I would have to bring it back because they had to order parts to fix the exhaust manifold phazers. I have heard of the exhaust manifold but not phazers; I tried to look it up but I cannot find any information about that. I left it at the dealership because I refuse to drive it again before it is completely fixed. I'm just wondering how may parts on this 2 year old car I will have to replace. Thank goodness for a warranty.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I moved this thread to the correct section.
FF

Quick Reply: 2011 Durango Crew in shop 4 times this year