3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

What fuel do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 PM
firemanprice
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fuel do you use?

Hey, what's going on everybody. This may have been asked before here on the forum, but after doing a search I didn't find one. I'm wondering what type of gas are you using in your ride. The Manuel says we can use 87, but they recommend 89 I believe. So I've been using 89, also to do you use shell, mobile, Exxon or who ever has the cheapest gas at the time?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome fireman I had always used regular from Wawa which is local to me or the Hess I pass everyday but recently started using premium which may be snake oil but seems to make the truck run better.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
CPW1265
Professional

same here. i usually use 87 but when i know im doing some travelling ill put in 89 or 93 and it makes the Crew have a nice hum even on the V6. I do see better mileage though. I usually use Wawa, Hess (probably the same ones that Cmil527 uses since we live no too far lol) but ive seen better mileage using BP.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 AM
firemanprice
Professional

Thanx Cmil, and CPW for your response. I have Wawa here to and I love the coffee and sandwiches lol. Haven't use their gas yet for the Durango. I always thought all gas was pretty much the same. Some people have told me that premium gas from premium vendors such as Bp, Shell, etc are better then your Wawa and smaller vendors. Anyways thanx again guys and stay safe out there.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I have run Hess Regular since getting the D. Gonna try 89 next round Premium should not change anything with stock fuel and timing. If you run a programmer Premium may be required on the the higher performance programs.
Welcome aboard...
STEVE

Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Larry Lives
Rookie

89, Citgo, Mobil or my fav is Sunoco.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

If you intend to keep your ride for a long time, you may want to reconsider the use of cheap box-store fuel like Wally's, etc. There is a reason that fuel is cheap. Refineries will custom blend gasoline for large buyers and will use the minimum legal amount of detergents, corrosion inhibitors, lubricants, etc. That does reduce the cost of the fuel, but it also cuts engine protection and can reduce engine life. Just because you see an EXXON fuel truck delivering fuel to Wally's does not mean that the fuel being pumped into the Wally storage tank is the same fuel sold at EXXON stations - it is not.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
firemanprice
Professional

Good point made there. So far I've been only using 89, and its been either Mobil or Shell. Once or twice I've used Racetrac which here Florida they are all over and usually has the cheapest gas in town. I think I will continue to use the better gas. I don't let my fuel fall below 3/4 full anyways so that's why I like to use the good stuff. Cheaper that way for me then to wait until light comes on. Thanx for your response guys. And I'm glad to have found the forum.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

The manual recommends Plus/mid-grade. So that's what I use.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Akfinest
Rookie

I use premium fuel on all my vehicles

Quick Reply: What fuel do you use?