3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Interesting convo with Kumho Rep..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
SS2RT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was close to trying something like that!! I was days away from pulling the pillar trim off,
dropping the dash, and pulling apart the cluster in that order cause the sound was so pronounced in that area.
I had already given up on the outside and under the hood..
i wanted to skateboard or rollerblade while hangin on to the drivers side while my wife drove (skitching!)

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL..Yeeup the tolls are out of control.Then again so are the gas prices. Lets not even get started on it. Glad you found something outside TBTA. As far as turn signals are concerned.. Do you have an RT? My rant regarding turn signals was RT being a higher trim and no turn signals on them or even power folding . C mon. Least they could do. Since my kumho rep convo is a non topic lets discuss the rattle I guess. Who has gotten rid of it because I still have and yes I am ready to rip apart the A pillar. Even though its under the hood.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM
SS2RT
Captain

yes a 2013 R/T - with mirror turn signals
thats why I thought u had a 2011. I thought 2012 had the mirror signals...

Even tho I dont care that I have them, I'm much more pissed that they didnt offer cooled seats/nappa when i bought and no standard heated steering wheel!! really ? but I have heated seats and mirrors!?!

You might be interested that my 2013 also came with GoodYear all-seasons not Kumho's - So Dodge changed for some reason...

Also my mechanich has an '11 or '12 that came with at least 1 or 2 badly made Kumho (not round, flat spots, among other issues) and Dodge and Kumho basically pointed fingers at each other and nobody would help him.
He does the alignments for Dodge dealers around here so he threatened to close their dealer accounts and charge them retail! So he got them to buy him new tires, non-Kumho!)

Now pleaae stop closing one of the tubes just because its early, mid, or late in the day...especially late, Those are the times I keep getting stuck trying to get in the lincoln tunnel, take me 20-30 min or more at 11pm-12am from NYC TO NJ and yet theres hardly any volume!!
All entry points squished into a 1 lane bottleneck!!

Last edited by SS2RT; 05-15-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM
V for Victory
All Star

My 13 r/t came with both Goodyears and mirror turn signals, but also very frustrating that I can't get cooled seats and a heated steering wheel, not that I wanted it but just the fact I cant have it annoys me, LOL....But would love the cooled seats my buddy has them in his Ford F150 and they are very nice. Also I have no rattle !!! Thank baby Jesus.

PortA 5/0, Happy Police Memorial Week, Thanks for your service Brother !

Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

I have a 13 with Goodyears, turn signals, cooled seats, heated steering wheel and no rattles yet, thank god.

Port, I am on the JTTF and work with your Detectives.

Last edited by inyadreems; 05-15-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
SlvrShrk
Professional

stop being a jerk and rubbing it in....

j/k

Old 05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
SS2RT
Captain

sweet man...
yeah i wasnt waiting another day for the pkg to be available...wanted my truck when i wanted it!

Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by SlvrShrk
stop being a jerk and rubbing it in....

j/k
Lol............I am sure I will have some other issues, bc that is my luck

Originally Posted by SS2RT
sweet man...
yeah i wasnt waiting another day for the pkg to be available...wanted my truck when i wanted it!
I here you, I wanted a 14 but got a crazy deal on this one so couldn't pass it up.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM
SlvrShrk
Professional

me too...wanted a '14....but hard to turn down almost $10k off sticker to take the '13.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by inyadreems
I have a 13 with Goodyears, turn signals, cooled seats, heated steering wheel and no rattles yet, thank god.

Port, I am on the JTTF and work with your Detectives.
That's why I originally just went with the Citadel. I despise all the chrome, but my 2011 came with GoodYears, heated and cooled seats, heated wheel, turn signal mirrors. Not sure why they couldn't make that available for all.

I'm considering having my chrome painted over cause it is blinding on a sunny day.

Quick Reply: Interesting convo with Kumho Rep..