3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Factory Reproduction wheel issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
c2sheets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Reproduction wheel issues

I received my Viper reproduction wheels and to my disappointment the machine work around the bolt holes is all funky and wavy and poorly finished. Looks like someone did the work with a hand grinder. I know a few of you guys have these wheels. Do yours look like this? Give me your opinion.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by c2sheets; 07-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 PM
SS2RT
Captain

I have comp grey painted FR SRT8 reps..

of my 4 wheels, 3 are not noticeably blemished but 1 the paint is definitely wavy and not finished as cleanly/smoothly as the other 3 when you look at an angle you see it best..
but after polish not very obvious unless really closely looked at..

also i have 1 that is always losing 3 psi compared to the other 3, and it also has an "out of round" look but I know eyes play tricks sometimes so until I have hard data as to why I'm losing 3 PSI I cant say its the wheel for sure, maybe I have a slow leak or just a bad tire (doubt it, but who knows, been this way basically from the 1st few weeks after I put them on )

so far the price is right tho for 22's,
could be a few bucks less bit definitely not a bad deal on a set of 4 deucey-deuces..

i think I remember a paper coming in the box that said something like no returns for cosmetic blemishes or something like that lol - thats a big turn off for me if it did say that tho, But I wouldn't have bothered anyway unless it was clearly and obviously badly finished...

Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 PM
SS2RT
Captain

but from your pic that would prob bother me,
if its that obvious from a close distance. If the pic is true to what you see from a few feet away or less (not just highly zoomed in and stretched) I would say thats pretty bad, not only is it beveled looking its far from a round circle!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with your gripe but at the price for 22's on a cast replica wheel u can't expect perfection especially on a brushed finish which is most difficult to get perfect.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM
c2sheets

There is no distortion. The holes are oval. If anything the pics show less than is person

Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

That is pretty bad. I would contact them as that seems a bit more than a finish blemish
STEVE

Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by c2sheets
I received my Viper reproduction wheels and to my disappointment the machine work around the bolt holes is all funky and wavy and poorly finished. Looks like someone did the work with a hand grinder. I know a few of you guys have these wheels. Do yours look like this? Give me your opinion.

Thanks, Dave
I would definetly call them, that is pretty poor workmanship for sure.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 AM
V for Victory
All Star

I have the same issue with one or two of my Vipers, It appears that the C$C machine is dropping into the hole slightly out of the cut area, they may need to calibrate the machine. Since I bought mine used and so damn cheap I'm not complaining.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Clifford R/T
Veteran

Mine appear to have some slight imperfections but they look amazing as a whole, If they are not mounted give them a shout and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Factory Reproduction wheel issues